cooperdawg

FreeMore Projects (West Morehead, Freedom Drive, Bryant Park)

Speaking of Levine Properties (from the Uptown thread), I believe he recently closed on the graded, but never developed land at the end of Calvert St (across Morehead from the above office rendering)

This was supposed to be phases 2 & 3 of Skybridge Terrace condo development that was scrapped during the recession.

I believe Levine is planning ~100 apartments here similar to his project on Commonwealth in P-M, but not 100% positive.

On 6/8/2017 at 4:02 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Thanks! I hadn't seen this one yet.

2017_0510_rendering_webV2crop.jpg

So Morehead to the right and new access drive (made to look like a road) to the left.  Initially I worried about that exposed deck on that street, but then realized it would be fronting I77.  Not much of an opportunity lost there I suppose.

• Like 1

Apartments off Morehead next to planned office building. dd3d444b56a8d8ee6ca088037f183932.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The Refinery office project is starting go on complete spec. I think it will do fine leasing up.  This was just posted in The Business Journal   https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/11/07/developer-breaks-ground-on-100-speculative-office.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=scroll&ed=2017-11-07&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1510088375&j=79131641

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2008 at 9:57 AM, atlrvr said:

There is a new proposed building as part of the Grinnel Water Works complex on W. Morehead (roughtly across from Open Kitchen restaurant)

It is designed to look like a historic loft conversion, but this would be all new construction 60,000 sq. ft.

25049_primary.jpg

Aw, back 10 years ago when Developers wanted to match historical integrity. 

I was going through this thread today to look for info on Beazer back in the day for a conversation I was having

• Like 1

These few blocks from 77 to Freedom on W Morehead will really look different when these 2 projects get done.   This is becoming a great street with mix of old and new buildings. 

IMG_3537.JPG

IMG_3538.JPG

• Like 4

I’m hoping more development goes out Trade near JCSU and the Morehead and up Freedom Dr. There’s a lot of cheaper land over there and cheaper housing once renovated or built

• Like 1

Anyone know what's being built at the corner of W. Morehead and Wilkinson?  Grading complete and and curbing being installed.

21 hours ago, KJHburg said:

^^^that was owned by QuikTrip but they had it for sale so not sure what maybe a gas station? 

I have no knowledge about this but I'm guessing a gas station is the one thing it won't be if the land was sold by QT. They probably wouldn't sell to a gas station since they have a QT close by.

Anyone know what's going on at 2000 W morehead? Looks like they are keeping the brick exterior/facade but the inside is entirely gutted. Neat looking building.