FreeMore Projects (West Morehead, Freedom Drive, Bryant Park)

cooperdawg

According to this Business Journal article the building Refinery will deliver in Dec. 2018.  107,000 sq ft total with up to 10,000 sq ft of retail space.  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/03/30/retail-restaurants-wanted-for-this-30m-west.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMTWT_CH&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5abe2dcf04d3015c1dd97f2f&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter   Subscriber article.

Photos from yesterday. 

IMG_6815.JPG

IMG_6816.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,  Its the same builder that did the 3 duplexes(6 townhome units) behind it.  There are alot of smaller multi family builders getting plans together for the streets behind that including 7 units on S Bruns Ave and another 3.5 acre parcel is Under Contract and its currently zoned for 53 units. Those are almost across the street from each other.    There is alot of land over there zoned R8 and mf-22, I think this type of building will continue over there which will be nice.  Now if they would ever start on the Savona Mill!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, QClifer said:

Yes,  Its the same builder that did the 3 duplexes(6 townhome units) behind it.  There are alot of smaller multi family builders getting plans together for the streets behind that including 7 units on S Bruns Ave and another 3.5 acre parcel is Under Contract and its currently zoned for 53 units. Those are almost across the street from each other.    There is alot of land over there zoned R8 and mf-22, I think this type of building will continue over there which will be nice.  Now if they would ever start on the Savona Mill!

Any more info regarding where the sites are for the the 7 units for S Bruns and the 53 units other units? I live in the area and know Shea homes is working on the lot at bruns and Sumter. But don't know much more than that. Thanks!

the 7 units are being built at 200, 204, and 208 S Bruns. 3 lots totaqling .52 acres. They are being built by City View Terraces which has built downtown alot, he builds a nice townhome.    The area which is zoned for 53 units, not sure how many will be built or who is buying it is located at 1625 Sumter Ave which I guess is being bought by Shea homes according to you. 

could you send me whatever info is discussed at that mtg. I have another mtg to attend or would be there. Im actually a builder myself and own some stuff right around there and looking for more. Im a big fan of that area. Just need some restaurants and commercial along Trade

Nothing too surprising at the meeting. The land is from the corner of bruns and sumter all the way to bruns elementary.  There are two houses in the way that won't move so they'll be built around. 53 townhomes mostly 2 bedrooms with some 3 beds mixed in. Starting price point mid to high 300s. All contingent on rezoning. Neighboring concepts doing the design. If it goes through it'll be great for neighborhood, that lot is an eyesore right now especially next to a school.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

Around 1:15, you can see a SouthEnd skyline start to emerge. I've been wanting to see how DFA and RailYard look from here. Very cool!

Speaking of the 1:15 mark, I THOROUGHLY hate all of that crap that's directly across I-77. It looks like a freakin' barn.  That area was what I thought to be the perfect location to build a MLB stadium (if we were to get one). Anyways, not to throw it off topic too much.

I really enjoyed watching the guy scoot across the beams at the 30 sec mark. lol Great vid.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hunted said:

Speaking of the 1:15 mark, I THOROUGHLY hate all of that crap that's directly across I-77. It looks like a freakin' barn.  That area was what I thought to be the perfect location to build a MLB stadium (if we were to get one). Anyways, not to throw it off topic too much.

I really enjoyed watching the guy scoot across the beams at the 30 sec mark. lol Great vid.

It is an industrial plant for Charlotte Pipe and Foundry.   Pipes and jobs are more important to society than sportsball, and obviously the city seems to have done very well with the 3rd Ward location of the ballpark, spurring density that is easily the highest in the city.   Then at some point when they opt to leave for a new stadium or if MLB comes, then that land owned by the public and has been reserved for the ~2040s for development will very valuable.

Obviously it is ugly, though, and does create some emissions.   

The Refinery Building is looking good there.   I hope Freemore can build out to be more of a destination than it has seemed.  To me the potential has always been there, but there isn't much thre yet which spurs me to actually go to the area much. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hunted said:

Crazy that all those blocks used to be a neighborhood...

• Like 1