FreeMore Projects (West Morehead, Freedom Drive, Bryant Park)

cooperdawg

57 minutes ago, dubone said:

It is an industrial plant for Charlotte Pipe and Foundry.   Pipes and jobs are more important to society than sportsball, and obviously the city seems to have done very well with the 3rd Ward location of the ballpark, spurring density that is easily the highest in the city.   Then at some point when they opt to leave for a new stadium or if MLB comes, then that land owned by the public and has been reserved for the ~2040s for development will very valuable.

Obviously it is ugly, though, and does create some emissions.   

The Refinery Building is looking good there.   I hope Freemore can build out to be more of a destination than it has seemed.  To me the potential has always been there, but there isn't much thre yet which spurs me to actually go to the area much. 

I wasn't referring to the Pipe and Foundry, but the newer stuff along Palmer, Clarkson, and Post streets on the other side of that 277 connecting point. It's so out of place that it hurts.

40 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Techniques and materials have changed since his day but the thrill and monotony and danger have not.

The danger has changed significantly (though I get your point).  Over the years in my profession, I've seen a few folks "walk the beam" with no harness, attached to nothing.  The guy in the video won't fall far if he falls at all.  

On 4/17/2018 at 10:10 AM, DCtransplant said:

Starting to go vertical on the Wilkinson/W Morehead apartments. In my opinion this will be a very interesting project for the corridor - Camp Greene behind it is coming along, but living right on Wilkinson a healthy walk from FreeMoreWest and Uptown could be a tough sell depending the price point.

20180416_183639.thumb.jpg.6b8a5626d0b41a413ced7f982713b237.jpg20180416_183610.thumb.jpg.b430153444b48944cefb532b43a7689f.jpg

Not apartments.  This is a doggy daycare facility. 

Just beginning to move dirt for the apartments which are on Suttle Ave across from Mecklenburg County Land Use and Environmental Services building.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Nickolas said:

Hi all. Does anybody perhaps know what the status of this approved rezoning is? 

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2016/122-131/2016-124 approved site plan.pdf

Just looked up this rezoning request and it was Approved.  Just seems to be no movement on this from the developer.  

IMG_0492.PNG

48 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Just looked up this rezoning request and it was Approved.  Just seems to be no movement on this from the developer.  

IMG_0492.PNG

I'd imagine they aren't comfortable going spec in a non slam dunk location

27 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'd imagine they aren't comfortable going spec in a non slam dunk location

I agree I am sure they want  to see how the Refinery leases up which I think it will fairly quick.  However that FreeMoreWest is a small office market so I am sure they are interested in how the competition does.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

National coworking group signs on at new building in west Charlotte 
Another national coworking group has signed on to open its first office in Charlotte.
Serendipity Labs, based in Rye, New York, is leasing 22,694 square feet at The Refinery, a new office building under construction immediately west of uptown Charlotte. Serendipity is the first tenant to sign on at the five-story, 109,060-square-foot building, which is on track for delivery in January.
The Serendipity Labs franchise at The Refinery will include team rooms for up to 80 employees, shared offices, dedicated desks, coworking and day passes, and swing space. Offices include private rooms, wellness rooms, a work lounge and studios with full A/V capabilities.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/08/29/national-coworking-group-signs-on-at-new-building.html?ana=TWT_staffAF

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Updated photo of Refinery today.  Looking good. 

IMG_4023.JPG

I need to see windows on it. I don't think its matching up to the quality of the renderings, but its tough to judge before windows go in

17 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I need to see windows on it. I don't think its matching up to the quality of the renderings, but its tough to judge before windows go in

The brick is definitely darker than I anticipated.  Still think it has a decent chance at looking good but you're right, it's going to depend on the windows and quality of the material on the first floor and "front" of the building.  Do you know what kind of material that is going to be?  Some type of stone?

16593581_10208190450504295_496552811_o.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

The brick is definitely darker than I anticipated.  Still think it has a decent chance at looking good but you're right, it's going to depend on the windows and quality of the material on the first floor and "front" of the building.  Do you know what kind of material that is going to be?  Some type of stone?

16593581_10208190450504295_496552811_o.jpg

Has the impression of oxidized steel and perforated oxidized steel panels to me which would be really cool. Let me look into it

EDIT: 

I Mean if it is the same as the interior renderings, It does appear to be oxidized steel or copper cladding.

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 2.28.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 2.28.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 2.28.03 PM.png

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

I heard there is a 6000 ish square foot restaurant / arcade bar considering space in the bottom floor of this building. Seems like a very odd fit for this location.

Also heard there is a 14,000 square foot brewery headed to the building across the street from Bark and Brew on Thrift Rd. I forget the name though unfortunately.

• Like 4