cooperdawg

FreeMore Projects (West Morehead, Freedom Drive, Bryant Park)

If anyone is over in FMW can you snag a pic of the construction of the new apartments going behind Pinky's?  Know they are moving dirt.  Have renderings not sure if I can post, I'll ask.

possibly the 12-14000 sqft brewery somebody mentioned a week ago,  They said it was across or nearby to the dog bar,        Somebody has also renovated the industrial building on Berryhill at State St and divided the building up. It looks nice

• Like 1

What is going on here?  This area has been completely cleared out and has a Caracon Construction sign in front of it.  It is a massive area of just mud right now.  

What What.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pgsinger said:

What is going on here?  This area has been completely cleared out and has a Caracon Construction sign in front of it.  It is a massive area of just mud right now.  

What What.jpg

Garden Style Apartments 280 Units, "Morehead Ridge"

• Thanks 1

These will have the best view of any garden apts in Charlotte up on the ridge there.  Same group owns the adjacent land behind Pinky's to add to the urban experience at a later date.  Tough to get big things done back there.  Deck would have been much more expensive and would have just been a giant EIFS box which nobody wants.  These will be extremely well done (same guys who did Eastover Ridge 20 years ago or so).  270 units is a lot and there are supply/demand worries in that area & Charlotte in general currently.

• Like 3

when is that building supposed to start? I went to the neighborhood meeting when Griffin presented their ideas and plans for both this office building and the grocery store renoavtion plans across the street to become a food hall/entertainment area.  Guessing they want to time it with the opening of the streetcar

• Like 2

I thought the silver line would go to the South side of independence. I really hope they don't plan on having it to the north of it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nick2 said:

I thought the silver line would go to the South side of independence. I really hope they don't plan on having it to the north of it.

Agreed, I really liked the idea of it going along Stonewall or Morehead (if that one was an option).

On 12/6/2018 at 2:14 PM, Scribe said:

If the Silver Line alignment holds, the Refinery hit the jackpot in regard to location along the line.

image.thumb.png.8ce1dc0fd571cd9bbdda35bd1cb624d7.png

image.thumb.png.c630eab84a69d9af08c8deef3852dd18.png

Where are you pulling this info from for the "silver" line that is going to have this route ?

I guess it is kinda hidden, but take a look at the legend in the map below, I've highlighted it for clarity:

image.thumb.png.1fbf471ed3c4e0b2b0e46051f44bc568.png

• Like 1