FreeMore Projects (West Morehead, Freedom Drive, Bryant Park)

cooperdawg

I'm not sure I like the idea of a radio station locating there unless there is more to it than some microphones and desks. I could be thinking about it all wrong, but that location needs something that will create a little more activity than that. It's great that that corner will no longer sit empty, but I think most people will walk passed this without ever noticing that anything is even there. It's interesting but an under utilization of the space IMO.

This is 1213 West Morehead Street

• 78,500 Square Feet of Office and Retail space available for lease
  • Retail Space 1500-4575 sq. ft.
  • Office Space up to 62,800 sq. ft.
  • Almost 300 space deck

I like this project a lot

Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 6.21.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 6.22.39 PM.png

probably one of the more honest artistic depictions that I've seen on this site, passing semis on I-77, multiple telephone poles + transformers at eye level. no question that you're buying into an urban landscape here.

probably one of the more honest artistic depictions that I've seen on this site, passing semis on I-77, multiple telephone poles + transformers at eye level. no question that you're buying into an urban landscape here.

I like the invisible power lines.  (I get why they were deleted)

I think Morehead is so underrated. It has so much potential. I wonder if the stigma of being the "west side" holds it back?

Maybe a little, but at this point I think it's mostly the uninviting nature of the traffic and the sidewalk designs. Every time I eat on the patio of Pinky's I regret it. Semis,  trucks of all kinds barrel through those thoroughfares  alongside the unbelievable amounts of other traffic. It's the only urban neighborhood with that kind of motorized activity.

Edited by SgtCampsalot

This plan isn't going to fly.  It ignores the two biggest assets of this property -- the 100 year old oaks and the views of the Dowd House.  I like the rear alley idea, but this should be a row of town homes with rear loading garages and porches facing the park in the front or built as zero lot-line single family homes.  I like the density, but this is an all around bad plan.  The neighborhood will fight this petition as drawn. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This plan isn't going to fly.  It ignores the two biggest assets of this property -- the 100 year old oaks and the views of the Dowd House.  I like the rear alley idea, but this should be a row of town homes with rear loading garages and porches facing the park in the front or built as zero lot-line single family homes.  I like the density, but this is an all around bad plan.  The neighborhood will fight this petition as drawn. 

Looks like they heard your criticism and have changed it to what you described.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2015/107-118/2015-114 site plan rev.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...