FreeMore Projects (West Morehead, Freedom Drive, Bryant Park)

cooperdawg

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2016 at 4:37 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I never noticed the shear sexiness of the bottom pictures. I have a unnatural obsession with Low Slung semi historic warehouses. I mean. DROOL

I drove through there last night and at least one of these buildings was missing. It was the long one with all the bay doors that was closer to the highway. There was a bunch of wood very neatly stacked in its place 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this a new building or a new rendering of a building proposed but this looks like it will be starting soon. It is a great design in my opinion. http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/02/14/new-office-building-coming-to-morehead-corridor.html?ana=RSS%26s%3Darticle_search&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter  Evidently the original developers sold the site to this development partnership. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Not sure if this a new building or a new rendering of a building proposed but this looks like it will be starting soon. It is a great design in my opinion. http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/02/14/new-office-building-coming-to-morehead-corridor.html?ana=RSS%26s%3Darticle_search&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter  Evidently the original developers sold the site to this development partnership. 

Its a resign of 1213 West Morehead from a new firm. Originally it was CitiSculpt, here is the higher res image. 

16593581_10208190450504295_496552811_o.jpg

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, Mike B said:

Demolition started this morning on the building on the corner of McNinch and Morehead street (right outside of my condo, actually) - property appears to be 801 McNinch Street.  Does anyone know what's happening there?

https://goo.gl/maps/pqym6YxAYE62

There were apartments proposed there... I didn't think they were happening though. The elevator cores on the adjacent corner is for a super ugly PoMo, City Fair looking storage facility.

51 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

There were apartments proposed there... I didn't think they were happening though. The elevator cores on the adjacent corner is for a super ugly PoMo, City Fair looking storage facility.

The latest information in Accela is from 2015:

West Morehead Apartments
212 units. 2 levels of parking deck and 4 floors of residential with the potential for some ground level commercial

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I believe the original plan called for development from McNinch to Cedar, but the lot next to Cedar is currently being used as parking space for the storage building construction next to Steve's Motorsports.

On 2/14/2017 at 2:44 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Its a resign of 1213 West Morehead from a new firm. Originally it was CitiSculpt, here is the higher res image. 

16593581_10208190450504295_496552811_o.jpg

Quick question: after completing the demo of the previous building, why did the developers lay down grass?  Why not just leave it as a dirt lot?

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, birky said:

This building on W Morehead between Cedar & McNinch is coming down. Demolition started on Saturday. The low brick building next to it, on the McNinch side, is already gone.

Shame really.  That low brick building is no loss but this one is a bigger loss.  I was in Birmingham (again) and Chattanooga last week.  Both have many old brick buildings.  Chattanooga is very impressive with river access, bridges, topography.  Reminds me a lot of Asheville, very funky.  What we have lost in Uptown I guess is irretrievable but I'd love to see someone build new with materials and scale that mimic what we lost.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

According to the article, the office building with rooftop retail at Freedom and Wesley Village was approved.  That was a quiet approval.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

These apartments will have awesome views of the skyline.

• Like 2

That highlights a little disappointment I have with this - the height.  A roof top restaurant, the closeness to the creek here, and the views of uptown BEG a more dense project, I think once complete they could demand a corresponding premium in lease/rents to justify it.  And of course preserve every single tree possible, the canopy here is spotty but in recovery.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New apartments by 77 on West Morehead near the new office building. Sorry I can't  remember the name it was a persons name I think. Garage going up and I guess they will be wrapped with apartments. Top floor should have some good views. Here is the article about these apartments http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/10/05/permits-apartments-heading-to-west-morehead-site.html

DSCN2283.JPG

DSCN2284.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

Got a lot of stuff today. Here are the Bid Docs for "The Refinery" Hopefully this building's materials stay amazing. 90 feet is going to stick out nicely from 277. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 12.46.17 PM 1.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 12.45.46 PM.png