FreeMore Projects (West Morehead, Freedom Drive, Bryant Park)

cooperdawg

8 minutes ago, shinallsm said:

Does anyone know whats going on Cedar and 1st, next to the rescue mission/Draught, right off of Morehead ? 

I think that maybe an expansion of the Mission itself with a restaurant or something if I remember correctly.   Is it this?   https://charlotterescuemission.org/recovery-programs/community-matters-cafe/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I think that maybe an expansion of the Mission itself with a restaurant or something if I remember correctly.   Is it this?   https://charlotterescuemission.org/recovery-programs/community-matters-cafe/

Correct. Didn't realize they were doing more than expanding the mission and was taken aback by the coca-cola banners advertising it as "coming soon".

charlotte mission.JPG

• Like 2

Some movement on the Skybridge Terrace Phase 2 and 3 lots off Calvert across from QC Catering. Looks like they have flagged off the two lots and there have been some trucks coming in and out.

Any ideas? I know Skybridge LLC sold off the two lots in 2017.

Edit: The lots were sold to Golden Triangle #8 LLC. Other Golden Triangle LLCs appear to be owned by Levine 

Edited by a2theb
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Being some 2,500 miles away, I don't have the benefit driving to these locations to check them out myself.  My only means of "driving" around Charlotte -- and I do a lot of this -- is via Google Maps.  And, unfortunately, the images around Charlotte that appear on  Google Maps are at least ten months old.  At the rate things are changing on Charlotte, those images could be obsolete.  Anyway, I was on one of my "drives" the other day and came to this intersection of Freedom Dr., Morehead St. and Walnut Avenue.  The image is from April 2018 and what is seen there is a big gravel parking lot ("Charlotte Westside Parking Lot").  On the edge of the property is a sign advertising Grandin Heights townhouses.  But when I go to the website (https://www.grandinheights.com), those Grandin Heights townhouses are not on this property at all; rather, they are about a half a mile away at 4th St. and Grandin Rd (see map below; green arrow is where the townhouses actually are versus the red arrow, which is where the sign is).  So what gives?  And is anything actually happening at that Morehead/Freedom/Walnut location?  The area around that intersection seems to be ripe for development.  On the other side of the intersection, along Morehead St., next to Pinky's Westside Grill (see satellite image), there is a row of old warehouse-looking buildings that could be turned into something cool.  And this Morehead/Freedom/Walnut rounded corner, the "Charlotte Westside Parking Lot" where that Grandin Heights townhouses sign is, looks perfect for something similar to the Faison "Flatiron" proposed building on 7th Street in Elizabeth (last image).  I hope it doesn't remain a boring parking lot.

Charlotte_Freedom and Morehead.jpg

Charlotte_Freedom and Morehead_Grandin Heights.jpg

Charlotte_Freedom and Morehead_Grandin Heights 2.jpg

Charlotte_Freedom and Morehead_Satellite.jpg

Charlotte_Faison 7th St. Elizabeth Proposal.jpg

Edited by JacksonH

8 hours ago, Brendv7 said:

So is that a good sign for the office market?

It is on the high end which is  good for them.  their building does come with free parking which the uptown towers do not so that in the cost.  I think it is a great building with high visibility walkable to restaurants and so convenient to uptown and of course I-77.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

The Refinery is quoting $38 a sq ft for the office space which is as high as brand new uptown high rises.  This according to LoopNet. 

Thanks...I thought I checked LoopNet...I must have missed it.  We are moving out of Spectrum's 1100 S. Tryon Building next week to move into the Rotunda in SP.  We are considering opening our search back up due to LL delays at Rotunda. If we do, I was going to recommend this building. 

53 minutes ago, pgsinger said:

Thanks...I thought I checked LoopNet...I must have missed it.  We are moving out of Spectrum's 1100 S. Tryon Building next week to move into the Rotunda in SP.  We are considering opening our search back up due to LL delays at Rotunda. If we do, I was going to recommend this building. 

I would still consider it with free parking.  Other buildings if you want uptown  I would look at first citizens bank bldg or charlotte plaza. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I would still consider it with free parking.  Other buildings if you want uptown  I would look at first citizens bank bldg or charlotte plaza. 

Getting off topic, but Uptown was vetoed by management due to traffic.  I wanted Uptown...haven't worked uptown in 6 years.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Hygge will open soon its new coworking space its largest yet in FreeMoreWest along with a coffee shop.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/135845/hygge-coworking-expansion-jay-street/

Thank you KJ!! I work right round the corner on Tuckaseegee and we've been trying to figure out everything that's going in on Jay street recently.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...