FreeMore Projects (West Morehead, Freedom Drive, Bryant Park)

cooperdawg

• 3 weeks later...

FreeMore news White Point Partners plans a project on W Morehead near Bryant Park.

""White Point Partners has targeted the warehouse buildings at 2001 W. Morehead St., at the edge of the Ashley Park neighborhood, for a rezoning that would allow renovation of the existing buildings for new uses. The entire 5-acre site would encompass nearly 80,000 square feet of space, likely for retail and office uses, as White Point has done in other projects.  White Point could not be immediately reached by deadline Tuesday for more information.  A site plan filed with the rezoning petition depicts five spaces measuring between 5,255 and 29,485 square feet. The site is today zoned I-2, or general industrial, and the buildings on site date back to the 1950s, according to Mecklenburg County records. White Point is seeking MUDD-O(CD) or conditional mixed-use development with optional provisions.""

from a subscriber article 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/04/23/charlotte-developer-plans-adaptive-reuse-project.html

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

I think the ground floor is atrocious and should be disallowed by zoning.  Same goes for many other buildings.  I am indifferent to the actual building though.

I like that it is elevated a little bit - that intersection is very busy with the off ramp.

It’s great from the street, now the rear...
eb9d6c68aacb98d6c174db985e580b7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, shinallsm said:

Charlotte Pipe and Foundry is possibly leaving ? Anyone have access to full article ? 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/05/20/charlotte-pipe-to-leave-site-near-uptown-charlotte.html

Open the article and click x before it finishes loading. The pay wall is the last thing to load on news sites so you'll be able to read the article without a subscription.

Edited by Nick2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Crown said:

What's up with Noble Smoke / Bossy Beauts over off of Freedom? Agenda article had a march opening

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/138480/bossy-beauts-chicken-shack-charlotte/

Is Hyde still planning something over here too? 

I saw a interior upfit SOMEWHERE on my instagram stories over the weekend. It was looking really advanced in construction. Unfortunately since I was stories I'll never find it again.

I drove around it last week and the parking lot is fully finished (and large). The interior was in process but mostly open and I could see through from front to rear, thus no installation of booths, bars, and fixed items. Seemed to be some time away from open. The "front" is oriented toward the parking at the rear with apparent patio space there and large doors for open access. There was a dumpster in the lot. My memory from the drive-around tells me the co-restaurant there was named Beulah and had a sign facing Freedom.

• Like 2