FreeMore Projects (West Morehead, Freedom Drive, Bryant Park)

cooperdawg

1 minute ago, tarhoosier said:

I drove around it last week and the parking lot is fully finished (and large). The interior was in process but mostly open and I could see through from front to rear, thus no installation of booths, bars, and fixed items. Seemed to be some time away from open. The "front" is oriented toward the parking at the rear with apparent patio space there and large doors for open access. There was a dumpster in the lot. My memory from the drive-around tells me the co-restaurant there was named Beulah and had a sign facing Freedom.

did they change bossy beauts to beulah? this was the site plan the agenda had

bossy-beauts-layout-12.jpg

12 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Legion Brewing to anchor new Salt and Vinegar project (yes that is the name) at Freedom and Morehead.  Great new mixed adaptive reuse project. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/06/05/exclusive-legion-brewing-to-add-third-location-at.html

Wish they had called it Salt + Pepper, and one of the buildings was black. But yea, this is an old potato chip factory, hence the name.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Wish they had called it Salt + Pepper, and one of the buildings was black. But yea, this is an old potato chip factory, hence the name.

Good to know. I was half way through rolling my eyes at the name, and now knowing the back story, I actually quite like it

46 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Pretty sure that is his  Mr Noble's mother or grandmothers name.  

Nope I know Jim. Alice was his mom's name. though I don't know his grandma's name, tho I doubt it'd be Beulah

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Nope I know Jim. Alice was his mom's name. though I don't know his grandma's name, tho I doubt it'd be Beulah

it is some relative though I remember reading that somewhere.  and yes if it is good I will be there. 

""Bossy Beaut’s Chicken Shack is one thing, a no-nonsense chicken sandwich. The newest concept from Chef/Restaurateur Jim Noble is the culmination of five solid generations of making chicken sandwiches within the Noble family.  Jim’s great Aunt Beaut, who was born in 1906 as Beulah Stroud Arledge, is the one who elevated the Noble family craft to an art form.  Her family fondly dubbed her Bossy, but as Aunt Beaut was famous for saying “You can get away with being bossy when you’re right”.  And Bossy Beaut was always right – especially when it came to making a chicken sandwich.  Named in her honor, the first location will be in Charlotte on Freedom Drive as part of the larger campus anchored by Noble Smoke and Hyde Brewing and will serve up spanking fresh fried chicken sandwiches, hand cut fries, slaw, and variety of classic NC beverages.""

here is the link   http://durbangroup.com/company/bossy-beauts/

and we have some great named restaurants in town that are terrible so I respect the family name.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Haha 1

That was my comment from a drive by last week. The Beulah name was not certain in my memory as I had to turn in from Freedom Drive and did not have time to read it closely but apparently I was right. One thing I recall clearly was after turning in to the LARGE parking area there was a mobile smoker near the building with the name Beulah. That is fact.

King James Version of Isaiah 62:4; "Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate; but thou shalt be called Hephzibah and thy land Beulah; for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married."

Beulah land was a very popular hymn in the late 1800's and 1900s

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

King James Version of Isaiah 62:4; "Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate; but thou shalt be called Hephzibah and thy land Beulah; for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married."

Beulah land was a very popular hymn in the late 1800's and 1900s

I’m from western NC- grew up in the Baptist church. “Beulah Land” was our jam. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

I’m from western NC- grew up in the Baptist church. “Beulah Land” was our jam. 

“Beulah land, I’m longing for you

And some day, on thee I’ll stand

Where my home shall be eternal

Beulah Land, Sweet Beulah Land.”

Grew up in the Baptist church myself.  Still go to a church that, while not Baptist has traditional tendencies born out of the more traditional Protestant denominations.  So singing of Beulah Land on any given Sunday isn’t out of the question.

Edited by cltbwimob
  • Like 3