FreeMore Projects (West Morehead, Freedom Drive, Bryant Park)

cooperdawg

1 hour ago, a2theb said:

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but developer is grading at the turn in Jay St. behind Lucky Dog and Not Just Coffee for a townhome development. Will try and snag some pictures next time I am over there.

Believe you may be referring to sky terrace townhomes at west end. Should have some great skyline views from the upper floors.

https://www.mytownhome.com/community/sky-terrace-towns/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FreeMore Freight District edge of Seversville these areas are all merging somewhat.  

Beacon partners doing a warehouse rehab into creative office and retail space from old Clorox warehouse. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/12/16/beacon-partners-joins-flurry-of-real-estate.html

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Rezoning application for multifamily affordable housing units across from Savonah Mill (https://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2019Petitions/Pages/2019-167.aspx) will have a public meeting on Thursday, January 9, at 6pm in the Wallace Pruitt Recreation Center.  (Note that the bridge on Tuckaseegee right near there may be closed.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cassman said:

Rezoning application for multifamily affordable housing units across from Savonah Mill (https://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2019Petitions/Pages/2019-167.aspx) will have a public meeting on Thursday, January 9, at 6pm in the Wallace Pruitt Recreation Center.  (Note that the bridge on Tuckaseegee right near there may be closed.)

Does anyone know what they're doing to that bridge? Is it just intense maintenance? 

• 2 weeks later...

Rezoning hearing tomorrow night (1/21/20) for a parcel at the corner of S. Summit and Bryant (former site of Club 935), asking for I-1(PED-O), with a height allowance up to 200', and properly reserving a 70' ROW for the Silver Line (and Meck County has requested an easement for a greenway).  Plans call for office space, and have asked for an exemption from the requirement for ground-level activation and screening of parking if needed because of the presence of a floodplain.  Staff recommends approval and all of 1 person attended the community hearing, so it should pass.

I'm guessing that 200' falls outside the realm of attention-grabbing headlines, but it would still be the tallest building in this neighborhood (I think).  (Anyone know how tall the Refinery is?)

Flooding was a regular issue in that area, at least before the recent floodwater and wastewater project along there. The PartyTime building on Freedom at Bryant was a Lowes in the early 70's when it was a contractor sales  location and that building flooded once that I recall and likely other times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cassman said:

Rezoning hearing tomorrow night (1/21/20) for a parcel at the corner of S. Summit and Bryant (former site of Club 935), asking for I-1(PED-O), with a height allowance up to 200', and properly reserving a 70' ROW for the Silver Line (and Meck County has requested an easement for a greenway).  Plans call for office space, and have asked for an exemption from the requirement for ground-level activation and screening of parking if needed because of the presence of a floodplain.  Staff recommends approval and all of 1 person attended the community hearing, so it should pass.

I'm guessing that 200' falls outside the realm of attention-grabbing headlines, but it would still be the tallest building in this neighborhood (I think).  (Anyone know how tall the Refinery is?)

Refinery is around 80 feet tall. 200 is massive for that part of the neighborhood. 

3 hours ago, Cassman said:

Going to need a light at Summit and Morehead if it ends up happening.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 1:56 PM, Cassman said:

I just studied the Rezoning Petition Site Plan (2nd Revision) and it looks to me like the positioning of the  70’ SilverLine R.O.W. as it comes across I-77 onto this site would severely hamper future Stadium construction on the Pipe & Foundry property unless it take a sharp curve to the Northeast once crossing I-77 into 3rd Ward.  Just looks funky.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been to Pinky’s lately?  I think I read elsewhere here that they closed briefly around the holidays, but hadn’t been since then. Same menu (thankfully), but it’s really gentrified inside now.  Two-tone and curated.  All the found objects, flea market finds and NASCAR hood are gone.   Painted bar, stained wainscoting, and trendy light fixtures are the thing now.  We asked our server how people liked it and he said it’s about half and half.  The soul is gone but food and service still great.  Just sad to see it lose the authenticity.   The crowd was different too.  Used to be a wiiiide mix.  But tonight not a tattoo or trucker cap in the place.  Very SouthEnd feeling.  I don’t know if that’s the new norm, but it felt a little alien to all at our table. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, turbocraig said:

Has anyone been to Pinky’s lately?  I think I read elsewhere here that they closed briefly around the holidays, but hadn’t been since then. Same menu (thankfully), but it’s really gentrified inside now.  Two-tone and curated.  All the found objects, flea market finds and NASCAR hood are gone.   Painted bar, stained wainscoting, and trendy light fixtures are the thing now.  We asked our server how people liked it and he said it’s about half and half.  The soul is gone but food and service still great.  Just sad to see it lose the authenticity.   The crowd was different too.  Used to be a wiiiide mix.  But tonight not a tattoo or trucker cap in the place.  Very SouthEnd feeling.  I don’t know if that’s the new norm, but it felt a little alien to all at our table. 

Did the ownership change?

• Like 1