EpiCentre Retail

DigitalSky

Well.....Ghazi may be paying some contractors out of pocket, or the retail places themselves may be paying the contractor. Only the contractor can request an inspection for a Cert. of Occupancy, and as long as the money is being held up between Ghazi and the overall project G.C., very little is making its way to those upfitting the units, who are in turn not requesting inspectors until they get paid.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suite continues to find new ways to plumb the depths of trashiness with a " Pimp and Ho" Party. And I thought the "celebrity" hosted Brody Jenner, and Kardashian girls parties were bad. What I don't get is the lack of self esteem and self respect that must be missing for girls to dress up and compete to be the biggest ho.

Suite continues to find new ways to plumb the depths of trashiness with a " Pimp and Ho" Party. And I thought the "celebrity" hosted Brody Jenner, and Kardashian girls parties were bad. What I don't get is the lack of self esteem and self respect that must be missing for girls to dress up and compete to be the biggest ho.

They are probably trying to attract the "college crowd". Still, Suite is nothing compared to Bar Charlotte in terms of trashiness. I swear, that place is disgusting (and I'm suprised it has lasted this long).

They are probably trying to attract the "college crowd". Still, Suite is nothing compared to Bar Charlotte in terms of trashiness. I swear, that place is disgusting (and I'm suprised it has lasted this long).

Bar doesn't attempt to be anything but trashy and wild, whereas Suite makes a huge effort to put an upscale veneer on everything while peddling the same slutty trends, horrendously overpricing their drinks, and flaunting a 'better than everyone else' mentality. people go to Bar to have a little dumb, trashy fun for a night, but they seem to at least know it and the place is unpretentious about it. hell, even my gay friends that dragged me, the straight guy, to Bar (maybe the most overtly heterosexual place in town?) think it fills a necessary niche.

anyway back on topic, yeah i heard about the pimp and ho party...it does seem to be pushing it for the Epicentre. i just think it will be interesting when these people start to spill over into other places later in the night. Fuel at 2:30 is going to be just awesome.

Well, I checked out the theater for the first time this weekend. I think I wore jeans and a polo (forgot what kind of shoes), but I didn't have a problem at the door. Checked out the last showing of "District 9." I was thinking that the setup was similar to Buckhead Backlot in Atlanta where there are actual counters in the movie theater to eat at while watching the movie and a waiter comes and takes your order, and I was a little disappointed that it wasn't. But obviously you can bring your meals from Mez into the theater. Other than that, it comes across as a pretty standard movie theater to me.

• 4 years later...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/02/20/4710365/answers-to-an-italian-esque-uptown.html#.Uwa5i_1sh0h

oof

Helen Schwab the Observer food chick gave La Tagliatella a 1 star rating. OOF. Will be interesting to see if her job carries enough clout to make a change in their day to day operations.

Ouch, I've been to La Tagliatella on several occasions and really enjoyed it each time.  The staff is as friendly as she says but I disagree with just about everything regarding the food.  Hopefully her experience was the exception to the norm rather than mine.

Wow, that's harsh. She didn't spend as much time talking about how the food tastes as much as the general wrongness of all of it, so I don't know if it will affect business too much. I don't think people generally go to restaurants at the EpiCentre to have an authentic, tasteful fine dining experience. I'm sure it will do just fine.

That's interesting, do you think it's empty because of the food and atmosphere or some other reason? I've never been there.

I think it's a large space that gives off the appearance of being empty.  Each time I've been there I've sat upfront between the entrance and the bar.  I would comment the same that I thought it was empty (although the bar always seems to be full) but then when I'd walk back to the restroom there were a decent amount of people seated in the back dining room area.  Never slammed but a good crowd for the early dining times I've been (between 6-7).  I haven't been at the EpiCentre later in the evening to peer in and see if it ever gets any busier.

Archived