EpiCentre Retail

DigitalSky

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah.. i've e-mailed a lot of retailers who say "we have no plans/no idea if we're coming to charlotte" and low and behold, soon enough they're here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've learned that if they can't verify your credentials (making sure there's no way you'll leak the story to the media), retailers will tell you nothing about their future plans.

How many times did Crate and Barrel say that they had no plans for a Charlotte store before suddenly announcing that there would be one? Same thing with NM, apparently someone from the Observer called and when the receptionist answered they said they wanted to talk about Charlotte's new NM and the receptionist replied "I know, isn't it exciting!" and then the real NM person said nothing about the store only to have it officially announced later. Funny, sorry I rambled.

It seems like Raving Brands (Doc Green's parent company) is bringing most of their chains to EpiCentre.

They have announced:

Boneheads Grilled Fish

Doc Green's

Mama Fu's Asian House

PJ's Coffee and Wine Bar

Planet Smoothie

The only two brands not announced there are: Moe's and Shane's Rib Shack

I had heard from an inside source that fox sports grille was def coming (however that was from spectra, before ghazi got involved)....anyone know the deal with this now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Their website says the Charlotte location is coming soon. It doesn't mention the EpiCentre, but I'm sure it'll go there.

http://www.foxsportsgrill.com/locations.aspx

they have fewer locations then I thought they would have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree moonshield I would have thought they have more locations. That speaks volumes about how CLT is percieved by the company by putting one of their 8 stores in the US here. Pretty impressive. I still wish we were getting an ESPN zone though.

A2

Since Ghazi listed Bow Tie Partners as the group running the moving theatre I guess we can assume that Consolidated is no longer involved. Why do you think that is?

Also, Prime (a steakhouse restaurant out of Buckhead) was rumored for the Epicentre. (The Ghazi website mentioned an Atlanta based steakhouse and had the Prime logo on renderings). With the recent Ruth Chris rumors I wonder if Ghazi may have lost Prime and was looking to attract a name brand steakhouse.

Lucky Strike Lanes at one time was listed as the operator for the bowling alley (also shown on the renderings) yet they still don't list Charlotte as a "coming soon" location on their website.

Other rumors were that The Comedy Zone was moving into the Epicentre and a McFadden's Irish Pub would be going in their as well. It's just weird that Ghazi hasn't released a tenant list yet. It seems like he would at least have a few solid names he could throw out this late in the process. It's also weird that for a while he had some tenant

I guess getting a megaproject like this off the ground is kinda like a movie deal. Lots of parties to make a pitch to, certain "stars" you try to draw in to gain marketability or appeal.

Considering that a blockbuster summer movie can easily cost $100 million to create, and involves thousands of people, it's probably a fair comparison.

• 2 months later...

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte.../21/story1.html

"Tenants in the entertainment complex will include Fox Sports Grill, Prime Steakhouse, a bowling alley, PJ's Coffee & Wine Bar and McFadden's Pub. "

I know they just say "will include", which means it may not be an exhaustive list, but they left out the movie theatre fromt the tenant list again.

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte.../21/story1.html

"Tenants in the entertainment complex will include Fox Sports Grill, Prime Steakhouse, a bowling alley, PJ's Coffee & Wine Bar and McFadden's Pub. "

I know they just say "will include", which means it may not be an exhaustive list, but they left out the movie theatre fromt the tenant list again.

I know, this is what worries me. I read somewhere that Consolidated Theaters was no longer involved and that they were going after a unique brand out of New York but I have not heard much since. Has anyone else heard anything? A movie theater would be a great addition/option to our downtown.

Archived