EpiCentre Retail

DigitalSky

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The CBJ had omitted the cinema from their recent reports of what will be included at Epicentre, but in their year end update of top stories, they did seem to bring back up the movie theater.

It does say that the company, Bow Tie Partners, declines comment, and the update itself deals with construction contracts, and not with the movie theater. It is good to see it mentioned again, though. With the theater at Liz Ave less likely after the Regal purchase of Eastern Federal, it is good to see that Epicenter's theater remains a probable.

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte...tml?t=printable (scroll down to August).

• 2 months later...

it would be nice to see a ralph lauren high end store there. highly doubt it though.

or just some fancy place like that, along with a jake delhomme cajun restaurant haha, now that would be cool.

LOL - wouldn't it. I remember an article from the Observer a couple of years ago though where they cornered him for the best Cajun place to eat in Charlotte - he said "his apartment when his wife cooks for him".

Sounds like we should put her in charge.... :thumbsup::lol:

The owner of wet willies in savannah, ga said that they will be opening a location in epicenter, that would be a great addition to downtown clt. its a daquari bar that uses mostly grain alcohol in their drinks, its fun, and as soon as it opens I'm gonna stroll in there and order a call-a-cab which is the most powerful drink there, haha

• 4 months later...

The owner of wet willies in savannah, ga said that they will be opening a location in epicenter, that would be a great addition to downtown clt. its a daquari bar that uses mostly grain alcohol in their drinks, its fun, and as soon as it opens I'm gonna stroll in there and order a call-a-cab which is the most powerful drink there, haha

The wet willies is not going in epicentre - it's going in the Charlotte Music Factory on the NW side of uptown

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been hearing rumblings that Fox Sports Grill and Lucky Strikes Bowling have both pulled out of the Epicentre project. Also, the few articles that do exist about the project seem rather vague and mysterious. What's the real lowdown on the Epicenter , and why is it so difficult to get real concrete info ??

because that would be too easy

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the base of the Epicenter could be converted in to a department store like Sax Fifth or maybe a local chain like Belk's. Visitors that are staying uptown in hotels would spend money there. I always wish we had a department close enough so that when I spill something on my shirt, I could go buy a fresh one. For a man. we only have 1 choice, Jos A Bank.

I wonder if the base of the Epicenter could be converted in to a department store like Sax Fifth or maybe a local chain like Belk's. Visitors that are staying uptown in hotels would spend money there. I always wish we had a department close enough so that when I spill something on my shirt, I could go buy a fresh one. For a man. we only have 1 choice, Jos A Bank.

I ment 210 Trade not Epicenter

• 3 weeks later...

While having the Coldstone creamery in this complex is nice, I feel like icecream isn't really a regular need in uptown just yet. Seems like a convenience that will be nice to have around during events and on weekends, but I can't see them making much money during the week. Then again, we've got to get our sugar fix from somewhere during the workweek, might as well feed the scales at the same time.

To that respect though, I really wish a Gelato place would open up uptown. I can't tell you how often I crave gelato and we don't have anywhere locally to get any. I think a small gelato kiosk would fit pretty well in this complex.

While having the Coldstone creamery in this complex is nice, I feel like icecream isn't really a regular need in uptown just yet. Seems like a convenience that will be nice to have around during events and on weekends, but I can't see them making much money during the week. Then again, we've got to get our sugar fix from somewhere during the workweek, might as well feed the scales at the same time.

I completely disagree, I think that once epicentre is open completely, keep in mind there will be a movie theatre, and a bowling alley, that coldstone will do just great. It might be hard for a couple months durin off peak hours but I think think this place will do fantastic other wise. As soon as more things start opening up this area is going to serve a large chunk of downtown with new restaurants, retail, services, businesses, hotel guests and one day hopefully some residents. Lets not forget 3 hotels are being added within two blocks, a 32 story office building, and hopefully a 53 story condo tower. Also who on the light rail wouldn't like to go get some ice cream downtown sometime. I think this whole area is going to benefit from this project, even if it is covered in dryvit, cheap construction and hokey cheesiness. If the 3 new theme bars are doing so well, so will an ice cream place.

Every single time I walk around the Epicentre, I wish the bottom floor of building A (rounded corner of Trade & College) to be something OTHER than food. I don't even care that much, just something for me to browse through when I have nothing to do other than just walk around.

Every single time I walk around the Epicentre, I wish the bottom floor of building A (rounded corner of Trade & College) to be something OTHER than food. I don't even care that much, just something for me to browse through when I have nothing to do other than just walk around.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed any activity on the bottom floor of building A yet, I haven't looked in a while. Last time I looked in (about 2 months ago, right before I moved to NY) it didn't look like it had any neccessary fixtures hookups anything that would suggest a kitchen could be built in the space, just my 2 cents. All I'm saying is do we have any confirmation at all from anyone what is going in this space? I know originally it was fox sports grill, but do we know for sure yet whats going there.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed any activity on the bottom floor of building A yet, I haven't looked in a while. Last time I looked in (about 2 months ago, right before I moved to NY) it didn't look like it had any neccessary fixtures hookups anything that would suggest a kitchen could be built in the space, just my 2 cents. All I'm saying is do we have any confirmation at all from anyone what is going in this space? I know originally it was fox sports grill, but do we know for sure yet whats going there.

It's still wide open. Fireproofing on structural is all I see inside. No finishes, no walls even. Maybe that's what I like to picture it being finished off as retail instead of restaurant.

Anyone thats been in the building know where, what floor, etc, the movie theater will be? The bowling alley?

Movie theatre will be on the 3rd and 4th floors of the building facing 4th. Its the level you see that has no windows. The Bowling Alley will be in, from what I understand, the 1st and 2nd floor of the same building.

My wife's sister was in town over the weekend and we went downtown to see the Pompeii exhibit at Discovery Place. Afterwards we ventured over to the new Cold Stone to grab some ice cream and I grabbed a shot from my phone:

gallery_1_5_499227.jpg

It amazing at the amount of foam all over the ground at EpiCentre...the 'street' in front of Cold Stone does indeed give the appearance of the promised 'cobble stone' paths FWIW. The store is a bit crazy to get to at the moment, but I imagine it will do quite well once the construction clears.

Archived