Pinnacle on Main

deltad22

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw the website, and video, pretty cool. It says one of Greenvilles tallest. I know it's not going to be the tallest, but I wonder where it would rank on the list of Greenville's tallest

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im not 100% sure, but i think this project is going to have 13 stories. the bb&t building has 22 stories.

THe street retail pretty much stops right before you get that far, the other office buildings in the area don't have it. With out retial in the Ogletree and the Landmark shoppers would probubly turn around before they walked to the Pinnacle

I like it better than the old rendering. My only concern is that the building itself doesn't have ground level shops.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to the website, there looks to be a bank and two retail spaces on the ground floor. I think the site has been updated since this thread started.

Most developers hold property in the name of a LLC, for legal purposes as well as aninimity.

But, if you go the Sec. of State's page at http://www.scsos.com/corp_search.htm

you can put in any corp or LLC and it will give you the Principle and a mailing address.

In this case the Principle is MEREDITH C. NOON of Greenville. I have no idea who that is.

• 3 weeks later...

The sign with rendering is officially up at the site for Pinnacle on Main. I was looking at the downtown skyline while driving on 385 this weekend....Pinnacle on Main will be a great addition and very visible from 385 when driving in. :thumbsup:

We can anticipate ground-breaking within a month or two at the most. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can someone explain some of the processes that a developer has to go through to get to the groundbreaking of a building. Ive always been curious as to why starting a project seems to take forever.

Can someone explain some of the processes that a developer has to go through to get to the groundbreaking of a building.  Ive always been curious as to why starting a project seems to take forever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is a basic check list.

Study Sales Comps for Values

Study Rental Rates for units offered

Obtain/review Market Studies by others

Negotiation

Contract Preparation/Review

Seed Money/ credit Line to tie up property

Zoning and Code Reviews

Environmental Study

Legal/Title work

Survey Review

Structural Opinions

Architectural Feasibility

Local Official Opinions on Fire, Safety,etc

Appraisal (if not required through bank)

Hist & Archives review if Applic.

City Design Review Committee Opinion

Operating Cost Budget

Construction Cost Rough Estimate

Yield Analysis

Develop Detailed Pro-Forma & IRR

Sensitivity analysis on key variables

Develop & Approve Legal Documents

Handle Legal Registrations

Writeup for Local Investors if any

Obtain Tax opinions for local Investors

Raise local Investor Seed Capital if any

Prepare Tax Credit Funding Writeup

Prepare State Tax Credit Writeup if applic

Arrange Equity Funding other than local

Prepare Financing Proposal

Prepare Construction Loan Proposa

Arrange Local equity, grants & loans

-Architec Feasibility Funds

-Tax Abatement Programs

-Fa

The article contained nothing new really.

If you remember in another thread there has een a bit of disbute about how many floors the building has, 13 or 14. I think we settled on 13, that is what the website for the project says. This article mentiones 14 stories though.

Also, it mentiones building hieght, 239 feet.

And this may be new, one of the three ground level retail spots will be a bank.

The Pinnacle club looks to me to be one very large floor(10-12 ft ceiling perhaps, with the area near the elevators being a large atrium with a glas ceiling, which would fit in will with that pyramid thing on the top.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet the Atrium is for the swimming pool, I would not be surprised then if there was a mezzanine level on the 13th floor, so if that is the case you might be able to consider that a 14th floor.

Archived