Courthouse Poll

jjoshjl

What should JAX do about the Courthosue  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What should JAX do about the Courthosue

• Build the neoclassical courthouse how it needs to be, Price not a factor
    • Buck the current mentality and build a well designed Highrise Courthouse

Just wanted to put some feelers out there to see what we actually want.

1) A well designed neoclassical courthouse that will support our future needs. Stop arguing about price, and build it even if it costs 500M

2) drop the current process and build a new highrise that will support our needs, but be much cheaper.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannon design can still be built for $268 mil, so price is resolved according to them. Peyton's daddy needs to give him a good spanking and make him go apologize to the good people at Cannon and get that thing started. Redoing the whole thing is just plain stupid and will result in more costs to the city in the long run, mark my words.

For example, I sort of agree and disagree with both the options.

I do want a well-designed neoclassical courthouse that will serve our future needs, even if it is expensive. However, I don't think the Cannon design is representative of good neoclassical design. But I wouldn't mind it too much if they can get the price under control

I also wouldn't mind dropping things and starting over. But that would depend on picking a new design that was both cheaper and more attractive than Cannon's. A lot of us keep on mentioning the KBJ design as a great alternative - merlin's grudge notwithstanding ;). But what if the city decided to stick us with that really cruddy design (Rink's maybe?), or perhaps some boring 80's-style box instead? Then option two wouldn't sound so great.

I agree - let's get this over with.

Does it seem to anyone else that nobody has a clue about this. Why don't we look at other cities around the country and see what they have done (I already know about Orlando), but there as to be another city that has been in a similar situation (the situation being needing a courthouse, not being part of a fiasco over it)

Archived