Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOT NEWS!!!  I JUST WATCHED NEWS CHANNEL 3 AT 5 PM AND THEY INTERVIEWD LOU HADDAD AND HE SAID TOWN CENTER WESTIN WILL BE THE TALLEST BUILDING IN VIRGINIA PERIOD AND IT WOULD COST MORE THAN 130 MILLION BUCKS GROUNDBREAKING IN A MONTH OR SO :w00t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So much for height limits. Hot news!!!! Take that Rosslyn. This will be at least 500ft!!! Yes!!!!

HOT NEWS!!!  I JUST WATCHED NEWS CHANNEL 3 AT 5 PM AND THEY INTERVIEWD LOU HADDAD AND HE SAID TOWN CENTER WESTIN WILL BE THE TALLEST BUILDING IN VIRGINIA PERIOD AND IT WOULD COST MORE THAN 130 MILLION BUCKS GROUNDBREAKING IN A MONTH OR SO :w00t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What did I say? I knew VB was gonna go for the tallest of Virginia, they are trying to make a statement that they are a city with a downtown.

I cant wait to see the final plans and height.  This is going to be an amazing building.  We all knew there was going to be a height race in hampton roads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but i have a feeling Rosslyn isn't gonna take this sitting down either. They thought for sure they had the tallest. Now they're gonna be like wtf? :lol:

The rendering is just begining for the rosslyn. They would have to build it pretty high to avoid losing their tallest building in VA

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Rosslyn building is currently 39 stories and 484ft. So these buildings are literally neck and neck. With our building at 38 stories it's probably only a few feet taller than Rosslyn. Haddad will probably keep the final total secret cause all Rosslyn really has to do is sneeze and they'll be taller.

Why doesn't the Westin add somemore Hotel floors like two and go with a  good 40 floors

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like that idea, and I'm a little partial to even numbers lol. Maybe if they also increased the ceiling heights in the penthouses they could edge up yet a few more feet. Every little bit helps...

We could also pull an "Empire State Building" and just pull a few extra floors out of our butts at the last moment as the ESB did some 75 years ago, lol.

YAY I'm giddy! haha. :lol:

I agree and i think they might by the way the were talking about the views and i think it was a hint......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are forgetting that DC doesnt like the size of the Rosslyn building already, so we'll see just how tall they really let it be. It is right across the water from DC, and any taller and it will be taller than the washington monument and all of DC would flip their lids at that point.

Archived