Westin at Towncenter Progress

ToweringTurtle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the rendering to me really does not look all that different except a bit grainy. I mean the colors look to be the same, no? Well in the older rendering the glass looks greenish and in the new one blueish. Then then so does the AH tower so I am not so sure.

From what I understand this will be the tallest in both HR and Va. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no building that even approaches 500ft anywhere in Va. and it's really p**sing me off that all the news organizations refuse to acknowledge this. I mean what do we have to do to get the point across? :angry:

There is no building that even approaches 500ft anywhere in Va. and it's really p**sing me off that all the news organizations refuse to acknowledge this. I mean what do we have to do to get the point across?  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get the female architect who designed the "va**** building" in Chicago to design one for the Beach.

There is no building that even approaches 500ft anywhere in Va. and it's really p**sing me off that all the news organizations refuse to acknowledge this. I mean what do we have to do to get the point across?  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets take a deep breath. Everyone nice and calm? :) Good. I didn't want to here about any "nasty" packages be sent from somebody's "Unibomber" shack! :rofl:

I just read an article on the trend of hotel/condo buildings. It mentioned timeshares and how this new trend isn't like it. But that brought up a question: what percentage of condo owners in hotel/condo buildings rent out their condo on a weekly or monthly basis?

Ok guys, i figured out what they did. They simply took the old rendering, removed the crown, and added a spire (and 8 floors) :lol: . If they were gonna go through all that trouble they should have just left the crown on to begin with.

westin.jpgtowncentera.jpg

I think the garage makes it stick out like a sore thumb. There is no flow with the other buildings and just looks bad with that garage like that!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What i don't get is that the last rendering was just so nice. It looked great. Who decided that they needed another redesign? If they were trying to copy Granby's art deco feel they failed miserably. They should have just gone their own route. It looks like Gorman has someone from CMSS consulting :lol: .

What i don't get is that the last rendering was just so nice. It looked great. Who decided that they needed another redesign? If they were trying to copy Granby's art deco feel they failed miserably. They should have just gone they're own route. It looks like Gorman has someone from CMSS consulting  :lol: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know, they should have built it a little taller and had retail wrapped around it. That would be great. Maybe they lowered it so people would have a view from the lower floors but I think they could have done a better job with that garage. It makes me angry because they could have hired some better architects!!!

I think the garage makes it stick out like a sore thumb. There is no flow with the other buildings and just looks bad with that garage like that!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree 100%. Sure they needed additional spaces but man..that lot is just plain ugly. :sick:

Archived