A VISION FOR PROVIDENCE

Cotuit

One of the members, for example, complained that there were already too many people in Providence, and that 4-story buildings were too crowded!

One of the members, for example, complained that there were already too many people in Providence, and that 4-story buildings were too crowded!

ummm

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That member needs to be slapped.  Typical ignorant Providence attitude.

Did anyone in the Providence Planning Dept bother to explain to that person that density is a good thing in a city??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do not know who that council member is but he does not belong living in one of America's most urban cities....perhaps Hopedale, Mass.

These are the type of people that have put a damper on efforts to cast Providence as a major northeastern city and all that comes with that. But I belive he is a thing of the past.

• 7 months later...

The first old bag that spoke about wanting to have trees along 95 instead of buildings was the best, I think if you were sitting near me you could actually hear my eyes rolling. :rolleyes:

I walked home along the west side Service Road today, from Washington to Broadway. Guess what? THERE ARE FVCKING TREES ALONG THE HIGHWAY, THEY'RE ALL DEAD!

No more money should be wasted on trees along the highway until all the neighborhoods have a healthy tree canopy. By then the oil crisis will have erased the entire concept of personal mechanized transport and the highway ditch will have been filled in.

I walked home along the west side Service Road today, from Washington to Broadway. Guess what? THERE ARE FVCKING TREES ALONG THE HIGHWAY, THEY'RE ALL DEAD!

No more money should be wasted on trees along the highway until all the neighborhoods have a healthy tree canopy. By then the oil crisis will have erased the entire concept of personal mechanized transport and the highway ditch will have been filled in.

call DOT. they're the entity that planted them. i think anyway. I know Forestry didn't do it, and neither did I...

Archived