PARIS [1] Eiffel Tower

hkskyline

I have just completed a week-long visit to Paris. Here is a sneak preview of the over 1 gigabytes of photos I took during my latest trip to Europe.

Trip Comments

I had a lot of good food in Paris. Not all of it was super expensive though. My breakfast usually consists of pain au chocolat (80 cents) while some more delicious dinners include a smoke salmon salad and carpaccio boeuf & saulmon. Wine was extremely cheap. A big bottle at the supermarket costed as low as 2 euros. Desserts were magnificent.

And I was more than delighted when I understood their French and they understood my French. :)

RIMG0732.JPG

RIMG0720.JPG

I visited the Eiffel Tower first thing in the morning on this beautiful clear day. Although it was hazy towards the south, I had previously gone up the Tour Montparnasse on another sunny day to cover that territory so I wasn't very upset over the lack of visibility. There was a huge lineup at the base, but I was able to get to the top level within 30 minutes of arrival.

This is just a small sample of about 200 photos I took from the top level.

RIMG0577.JPG

RIMG0578.JPG

RIMG0579.JPG

RIMG0580.JPG

RIMG0581.JPG

RIMG0582.JPG

RIMG0583.JPG

RIMG0584.JPG

RIMG0585.JPG

RIMG0586.JPG

RIMG0587.JPG

RIMG0589.JPG

RIMG0590.JPG

RIMG0591.JPG

RIMG0592.JPG

RIMG0593.JPG

RIMG0594.JPG

RIMG0595.JPG

RIMG0596.JPG

RIMG0610.JPG

RIMG0688.JPG

RIMG0690.JPG

RIMG0709.JPG

RIMG0717.JPG

RIMG0718.JPG

A lot more photos to come in my Paris series. Stay tuned!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely wonderful photos! I took French in high school and try to use it at times just so I won't forget the very basics but it's hard to do so when no one else around you speaks French, LOL! Lovely city, I'd love to get over there and view it all myself!

cool photos and i like youre other threads as well.  its cool you got the chance to go to paris.  all in all how much did your entire trip cost, airfare, food, lodging,gifts, etc?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I flew for free (on mileage), so my costs were quite well controlled. The cost of accomodation was very cheap, because I stayed at hostels with friends. The total for hostels is probably around 200 euros. I spent another 400 euros or so on food, gifts, and admissions. I also visited several other countries as well, which are included in the total amounts. I'll gradually go through the photos I took and post them in the forum.

• 8 months later...

Archived