[Flight Report] LH 3665 Geneva - Frankfurt

hkskyline

Lufthansa LH 3665

Flight Route : Geneva - Frankfurt

Departure Time : 24 April 2005 @ 1320

Duration : 1 hour

Equipment : Boeing 737

Geneva's international airport is only 6 minutes from the downtown Place Cornavin hub by train. The Western part of Switzerland is French-speaking, but as an international city and 2nd UN hub after New York, people know English well also.

I arrived at the airport early after a rainstorm hit Geneva. I requested to be placed on an earlier flight to Frankfurt, which was accepted as that flight was not full.

Geneva's airport is small, but easy to navigate. There is a free observation deck (labelled a public terrase) that offers a nice view of the whole airport.

Lufthansa's flight attendants are very young. They are very courteous and are always smiling. Even for this short flight, we received sandwiches and complementary drinks.

Geneva Airport

DSCN9018.JPG

Scale model of the airport with satellite photo

DSCN9020.JPG

Rain

DSCN9021.JPG

DSCN9022.JPG

German countryside as the clouds start to clear

DSCN9023.JPG

DSCN9024.JPG

DSCN9025.JPG

DSCN9027.JPG

Rainbow

DSCN9028.JPG

The descent into Frankfurt was extremely bumpy. It has been quite a while since I had such a turbulent landing. I had to grab onto the seat in front of me as the plane shook violently while taking these photos.

DSCN9029.JPG

DSCN9030.JPG

DSCN9031.JPG

DSCN9032.JPG

DSCN9033.JPG

Frankfurt Skyline

DSCN9035.JPG

DSCN9037.JPG

DSCN9039.JPG

DSCN9041.JPG

DSCN9042.JPG

Frankfurt Airport has a large number of very interesting aircraft. Here are some Asian visitors. Noticed United's new livery in the background.

DSCN9046.JPG

DSCN9047.JPG

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived