[Flight Report] LH4243 Paris - Munich

hkskyline

Lufthansa AG : LH4243

Paris Charles de Gaulle - Munich

Scheduled Departure : 1115

Flight Time : about 1 hour

Equipment : CR1

There was a huge lineup at Charles de Gaulle Terminal 1. Although the crowd wasn't big at all, the terminal itself was very small, and it was a Saturday, so a lot of people were heading out of town for the weekend. Most of the check-in area was busy, and I waited for 45 minutes before I could check in.

Lufthansa only had about 4 counters for check-in, and they were all open. Unfortunately, since I had a big bag to check in, I couldn't use the self-service to bypass the line. There was a big glob of people, and I didn't know which glob belonged to which. After a bit of stumbling around, I found the right line.

DSCN8770.JPG

DSCN8771.JPG

This is a very old sign. The letters flip just like the old billboard at Kai Tak. See the 1115 Munich flight? Check-in at hall 6.

DSCN8773.JPG

DSCN8777.JPG

DSCN8778.JPG

Terminal 1 is quite old, and it shows when you look at the windows and chairs carefully.

DSCN8782.JPG

DSCN8783.JPG

DSCN8784.JPG

DSCN8791.JPG

It took a while for the plane to taxi for takeoff. The CR is a small plane, but it was a full flight. Perhaps it was a good thing that I had to line up for so long, because Lufthansa gave me a free upgrade to business class, which was quite odd because I was already travelling for free to Munich.

DSCN8796.JPG

Departing Paris on a cloudy morning :

DSCN8797.JPG

DSCN8800.JPG

DSCN8802.JPG

Business class consists of 3 rows at the front of the plane with a small curtain separating the economy class passengers. The seats were the same and there was no on-board entertainment. However, we got a hot kleenex and a lot of food. I was constantly being asked whether I needed more drinks, and the FA kept an eye on all of us business class passengers.

DSCN8804.JPG

DSCN8807.JPG

DSCN8808.JPG

DSCN8810.JPG

DSCN8811.JPG

DSCN8812.JPG

DSCN8814.JPG

DSCN8815.JPG

DSCN8816.JPG

The skies started clearing out over Germany.

DSCN8817.JPG

DSCN8818.JPG

DSCN8819.JPG

DSCN8820.JPG

DSCN8821.JPG

DSCN8822.JPG

Here is a view of the CR jet. It had to park on the tarmac at Munich and passengers were bused to the main terminal.

DSCN8826.JPG

DSCN8827.JPG

Overall Comments

I was quite surprised that I got bumped to business class. Maybe it was a good thing because I was running low on euros and I was worried about what to eat for lunch that day in Germany. The feast I had on board kept me full for quite a while, but I notice the prices at the restaurants in Munich were quite reasonable.

Service was OK. We were constantly being taken care of by the FA. The flight itself was quite smooth, even during takeoff as we left a cloudy Paris. Lufthansa's FAs are quite young, and they always give you a smile. Although they are a German airline, English is not a problem both in the air and on the ground in Germany.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived