Munich International Airport

hkskyline

The terminal is very spacious and bright.

DSCN8849.JPG

DSCN8850.JPG

DSCN8851.JPG

DSCN8852.JPG

DSCN8863.JPG

DSCN8864.JPG

DSCN8868.JPG

DSCN8870.JPG

DSCN8872.JPG

DSCN8873.JPG

DSCN8876.JPG

DSCN8882.JPG

DSCN8892.JPG

There is a huge square outside the entrance with a large canopy.

DSCN8853.JPG

DSCN8855.JPG

DSCN8859.JPG

Terminal 2

DSCN8861.JPG

Parking & Control Tower

DSCN8862.JPG

Airplanes from the observation deck (2 euros)

DSCN8883.JPG

DSCN8887.JPG

DSCN8891.JPG

From the gate : notice the smaller aircraft parked on the tarmac. Yet even more smaller aircraft are parked beyond to the left.

DSCN8895.JPG

DSCN8897.JPG

DSCN8898.JPG

DSCN8904.JPG

Aerial View

DSCN8909.JPG

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my perspective not especially interesting. Very rectangular with quite usual "cornering". I didn't like the material choice - too white, though the brown wood was a positive addition.

However, I loved the big square in front of it.

I was there last year and its a very nice airport...even has its own full service grocery store. It is very "german" in design meaning that its a very clean design with little clutter. It also means that it gives off an impersonal/robotic feel to it...but in person its not as bad as it looks in pictures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

exterior: AWESOME. love the exterior. very cool. kudos for a truly complex and sophisticated site plan as well. german engineering at its best from the home of bmw!

interior: have to say i was seriously underwhelmed. looks like a convention center not an airport. i like airports whose architecture captures a sort of kinetic energy that we mere humans associate with air travel. however, i THINK that this facility is supposed to function as a sort of intermodal heart to a mixed use development. if thats the case, its pretty cool. but it still looks like a convention center.

interior: have to say i was seriously underwhelmed. looks like a convention center not an airport. i like airports whose architecture captures a sort of kinetic energy that we mere humans associate with air travel.

I actually used this airport last month when I switched planes on my way from Boston to Barcelona. I'm happy it didn't capture any of the kinetic enegery of travel, I generated enough of that on my own thank you very much. The airport is very clean, spacious, well planned, and most importatnly, quiet.

Simply changing planes, I didn't get to see anything outside the airport, so this thread is pretty cool. Thanks!

Archived