VCU Developments

wrldcoupe4

You guys have seen this rendering before (on the previous page) but Ventana, some group that does exterior wall manufacturing and installation, has that same rendering up

https://ventana.vc/project/vcu-health-system-adult-outpatient-facility/

and that webpage (according to Google) was updated April 4, 2018. So I think that is the final design

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RVA-Is-The-Best said:

You guys have seen this rendering before (on the previous page) but Ventana, some group that does exterior wall manufacturing and installation, has that same rendering up

https://ventana.vc/project/vcu-health-system-adult-outpatient-facility/

and that webpage (according to Google) was updated April 4, 2018. So I think that is the final design

I really like the look of this building

7 hours ago, cwd221 said:

I really like the look of this building

Me too!  If I recall correctly, demo of the current building on the site will commence this month and probably will begin any day now with the construction fence now up.  I expect to see a lot of activity going on there starting now.

Just wanted to put the rendering on this page so that we can all see it:

vcu-ventana

Incidently, I noticed in the background of the above rendering that there appears to be a lot of, what appears to be, construction work (tower cranes and the like).  I don't think they put any thought into this (just coincidental), but that would be about the location of the new arena when it is built.  Interesting.

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 1

I want to say that this is the same building, just a different perspective.  Am I wrong?  They look very similiar.  The one on the bottom as the extra "tower" out to the side (I believe that would be the west side).  Not sure what that's all about though.

Thanks for sharing these renderings!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eandslee said:

I want to say that this is the same building, just a different perspective.  Am I wrong?  They look very similiar.  The one on the bottom as the extra "tower" out to the side (I believe that would be the west side).  Not sure what that's all about though.

Thanks for sharing these renderings!

That West wing was in the older renderings as well.  Certainly looks to be the same building from different angles.

56 minutes ago, Shakman said:

The building looks longer in the second rendering.

...or is it another structure all together?

Looks to be just an odd perspective.  Perhaps the angle of the picture of a picture as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2018 at 7:40 AM, eandslee said:

Just to display this very ugly rendering front and center:

Ugly duckling

Looks like demolition of the old buildings on this site started today.  Ugly building to be, but it will increase density in the area.  Got to love it if only just for that reason alone!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, drayrichmond said:

VCU is going to be very busy this summer.

We've got this, the Engineering School Expansion, the new tower going up by MCV, finishing up the Allied Health Professions building by MCV, maybe something coming to the corner across from the ICA, the list goes on I'm sure!

They also have the new GRC building on the Monroe Park campus and they're hoping Monroe Park will be renovated before parents drop their kids off at the dorm.

• Like 1

Honest question. I know that Monroe park is a good sized area, but with the trees in the middle of it there is not a lot of space to play football, soccer, or ultimate frisbee. Will there be a point where VCU is worried about not having enough green space, or with a lot of kids not living near campus is this not a big deal? I went to Virginia Tech where intramural sports was a huge deal and I find it hard to believe that these opportunities would exist at VCU with only one turf field.  

Next to the Cary Street Gym there is a huge field that we would use for intramural sports.  It's still used for that, field hockey, soccer, etc.

Monroe Park is also very big, it's just not meant for traditional sports because of the trees and pathways.  There is more than enough room to play catch or throw a frisbee though.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RiverYuppy said:

They also have the new GRC building on the Monroe Park campus and they're hoping Monroe Park will be renovated before parents drop their kids off at the dorm.

GRC building?  Which project is that?  All the VCU projects are running together in my mind.