wrldcoupe4

VCU Developments

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, eandslee said:

If you haven't been to the webcam today...there is a 2nd camera that is looking N/NE from a tall building (looks like from City Hall?) that gives a great vantage point of the work on this project.  Check it out!

Yep, that's coming from the observation deck at City Hall! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


37 minutes ago, eandslee said:

If you haven't been to the webcam today...there is a 2nd camera that is looking N/NE from a tall building (looks like from City Hall?) that gives a great vantage point of the work on this project.  Check it out!

You beat to it.  I should have held off on that bathroom break.  

Before the the camera was sitting on someone desk.  Both angles are going to be great to watch.

Edited by Shakman
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my guess was the children's hospital since they own that?  The angle and height seem to be lower than city hall?

 

VCU_Health_Outpatient_Facility_#1-20180719-141642.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hike said:

my guess was the children's hospital since they own that?  The angle and height seem to be lower than city hall?

 

VCU_Health_Outpatient_Facility_#1-20180719-141642.jpg

This is the Children's Pavilion:  https://maps.vcu.edu/mcv/pavilion/index.html

This building will also be expanded in the future:  https://www.pediatrics.vcu.edu/media/dept-of-pediatrics/pdfs/FactSheet.pdf.  

Edited by Shakman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, eandslee said:

If you haven't been to the webcam today...there is a 2nd camera that is looking N/NE from a tall building (looks like from City Hall?) that gives a great vantage point of the work on this project.  Check it out!

I can confirm that it is indeed city hall. Hopefully we will see a tower crane for this project soon!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Shakman said:

This is the Children's Pavilion:  https://maps.vcu.edu/mcv/pavilion/index.html

This building will also be expanded in the future:  https://www.pediatrics.vcu.edu/media/dept-of-pediatrics/pdfs/FactSheet.pdf.  

Wow, I didn't realize that the Children's Pavilion was going to expand.  I assume that the expansion would be on the back side of the building?  Probably won't increase the height of the building...right?  Good info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Wow, I didn't realize that the Children's Pavilion was going to expand.  I assume that the expansion would be on the back side of the building?  Probably won't increase the height of the building...right?  Good info.

By looking at the facade of the backside, most definitely it would expand here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes however the structure completed Summer 2015 has been designed to allow for an expansion.  It says in the fact sheet. 

Does anyone know the permit number of the Adult Outpatient Tower?  RIC city page is such a pain to navigate.  I want to review the permit set of drawing so I can find the height of the new outpatient tower.

Edited by Shakman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how this would work in a Commonwealth.  Here in Maryland any agency would still be required to receive a building permit and a use-and-occupancy permit through the governing jurisdiction.

Edited by Shakman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.