VCU Developments

wrldcoupe4

To be completely honest, I'd like to see VCU stop expanding, and for them to fix what's already there. Because it's somewhat broken.

In some instances, it can cost just as much to fix something broke than built something new.

• 2 weeks later...

All I can saw is, WOW! That parking garage SHOT up! I saw what you're talking about, JSI. Across the street from the parking garage is what looks to be a staircase or elevator shaft.

Could it be the bones of a clock tower or something of that nature? Interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

In the first rendering, I like the pyramid imprinted on the high rise behind the new building. It compliments the marvellous Egyptian Building at its feet on College Street.

I have always loved how they designed that building and its plaza. Now about that main hospital building... :(

• 2 weeks later...

I've peeked around this site before, and have always enjoyed the pictures. I figured I'd go ahead and register, so I can share this awesome pic that they handed out at work today. The general contractor had a catered lunch for the entire jobsite today, as a reward for having over 4 months without an injury on the site. They handed out this picture with everyone's lunch.

scan0003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Every thing in this article is true. VCU has and continues to do more for Richmond than any other entity. I hate to think what the Richmond area would be like without VCU. All VCU is doing is building facilities for the kids of Virginia. I can't understand the attitude against VCU here. Thanks for posting that Burt.

Edited by majors2410