VCU Developments

wrldcoupe4

I want a map of that... anyone have one, or know where to find one?

And hate is a good word. I know I just created an oxymoron... but it was worth it.

Well, if you like the word, you and Cam can have fun swapping it between you. I hate hate. Is that an oxymoron or just moronic? :)

Maybe we can make "hate" into "love" the way people use "bad" for "good!"

Why can't they move the stables? How many of them do we have left in the city? They need to think of that before they demolish and then say oops, here stood...

Edited by Cadeho

Maybe we can make "hate" into "love" the way people use "bad" for "good!"

Why can't they move the stables? How many of them do we have left in the city? They need to think of that before they demolish and then say oops, here stood...

So another words, you love to hate. :wub:

• 2 months later...

peaping of sirens, I realized that the new VCU dorms will be right next to a city fire station... I would HATE to be woken up nightly by roaring sirens.

If you live in Manhattan, it's not long before you accustom yourself to screeching noises outside your window. :silly: . But like you say, in a city where street noise is not the norm, proximity to a downtown fire house will definitely be annoying.

Speaping of sirens, I realized that the new VCU dorms will be right next to a city fire station... I would HATE to be woken up nightly by roaring sirens.

They will be separated by a parking deck and the ad center which should buffer the immediate sound. Also, in that area, that fire trucks dont have to use their sirens a lot at night, as they are only necessary to warn traffic, of which there isnt much late at night... except for the bar crowd.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know about Phase III of the VCU Engineering School? The address for it is 601 W Main St

Aha! Phase III expansion will be built next to the existing (original) School of Engineering.

THe plan goes before City Council in December.

Is that where they recently tore down those dilapidated row-houses on Belvidere?

• 1 month later...

The new Business and Engineering Schools are nearing completion on Monroe Park Campus Addition and should be occupied soon.

Before announcements of the new campus east of Belvidere, I had thought the expansion plan for the Engineering School was to fill in the parking area behind the present new building on the s/w corner of Belvidere and Main Streets.

I wonder if there are still plans to do so?

Edited by burt

Burt, it might be looking close from the outside, with the landscaping going down now, but the inside is a little bit further behind. They've been telling us for months that Nov 29th was our deadline, but there's no way it's happening. We are pretty close though, and since classes don't start until Jan., I think everything will work out just fine. The business side of the building is more complete than the engineering side. I truly don't understand what the architects were thinking, there's a TON of wood panelling inside, and I personally think it's hideous. As far as future plans are concerned, I don't really know. I've seen quite a few drawings that show another building going up on the same block as the current project, but I don't know if it's going to be engineering or not. I havn't been taking any pictures lately, but if you'd like any of the interior, let me know and I'll snap a few with my phone.

Burt, it might be looking close from the outside, with the landscaping going down now, but the inside is a little bit further behind. They've been telling us for months that Nov 29th was our deadline, but there's no way it's happening. We are pretty close though, and since classes don't start until Jan., I think everything will work out just fine. The business side of the building is more complete than the engineering side. I truly don't understand what the architects were thinking, there's a TON of wood panelling inside, and I personally think it's hideous. As far as future plans are concerned, I don't really know. I've seen quite a few drawings that show another building going up on the same block as the current project, but I don't know if it's going to be engineering or not. I havn't been taking any pictures lately, but if you'd like any of the interior, let me know and I'll snap a few with my phone.

Yes, most definitely. Photos would be appreciated. Thanks.