VCU Developments

wrldcoupe4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still hoping they change the design of this project and put 20 stories of apartments on top of this Walgreens. Otherwise, what a waste of prime real estate!

Oh wait.  This is that Walgreen development???  I thought the Hess property was suppose to be highrise?

Hold up!  Maybe I'm confused.  Sorry guys.  I didn't know that Uppy was ready to begin his residential highrise in the area.  Can someone set me straight on this?

I am not aware of any announcements about moving forward with the high-rise other than it being something they wish to do in the future.

• Like 1

I am not aware of any announcements about moving forward with the high-rise other than it being something they wish to do in the future.

Me either. I think I got confused by Shakman's comment. I do know that the Walgreens is going up, but that's it thus far. I just wish that they'd add 20+ stories over it to make that corner worth it. That corner deserves more!

• Like 1

to clarify - the highrise (which sounds great) will be behind the new arts center on grace and belvidere - the Walgreens is supposed to go across the street from the arts center at belvidere and broad. The prominence of that intersection will increase alot in the coming years - I cant believe they'd waste it with a 1 story Walgreens...

• Like 1

to clarify - the highrise (which sounds great) will be behind the new arts center on grace and belvidere - the Walgreens is supposed to go across the street from the arts center at belvidere and broad. The prominence of that intersection will increase alot in the coming years - I cant believe they'd waste it with a 1 story Walgreens...

SERIOUSLY!

• 2 months later...

Drove around the site this past Saturday and noticed the lack of equipment in the hole.  Got the same feeling that work has stopped.  Does anyone why?

Read that it was something wrong with the engineering...perhaps something to do with the foundation or how the foundation will be laid to support the structure.  Doesn't sound good, but hopefully they resolve the problem quickly and get on to building!

• 4 weeks later...

gb1.jpggb2.jpg

Hey there, everyone. I'm new here. I'm a VCU student with a fascination regarding urban development. Anyway, I'll be living in Grace and Broad Residence Center this Fall, the new apartments they're building.

Anyone have any updates? Progress shots? Expected completion date? Last I saw it before I left for the Summer, they were really moving on it. Can't wait to see the inside!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Which Wich will be going into one of the retail spots.

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2015/06/09/sandwich-shop-moving-into-new-vcu-dorm/ 

Also, I have noticed some activity in the last week at the ICA. Hopefully construction has/will be picking back up.

http://ica.vcu.edu/about/construction-camera/ 

gb1.jpggb2.jpg

Hey there, everyone. I'm new here. I'm a VCU student with a fascination regarding urban development. Anyway, I'll be living in Grace and Broad Residence Center this Fall, the new apartments they're building.

Anyone have any updates? Progress shots? Expected completion date? Last I saw it before I left for the Summer, they were really moving on it. Can't wait to see the inside!

Edited by varunner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...