wrldcoupe4

VCU Developments

22 minutes ago, Shakman said:

Does anyone know if the cranes will be tower or luffer?

Not sure, but a luffer crane makes sense.  I guess we’ll have to wait and see!

17 hours ago, Hike said:

Had to look it up, why do you think a luffer style?

Luffer Crane.jpg

Just wondering.  There are many factors on why one crane over the other.  I have seen both used on one project.

1 hour ago, Hike said:

Will they return this weekend to add the crane on the roof platform at the Children's Hospital is my question of the day.  

I’m hoping they do!  I’ve been watching as they’ve done a little work this week to get things ready.  They are on the roof again today. 

I saw some crane parts coming across the Manchester Bridge a few hours ago.  I suspect the crane will be assembled by  this time tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hike said:

The west tower must be first that's installing this weekend,  and likely use that new west tower crane to install the east crane.   

They're concentrating on the west tower and it's already stubbed up with 1 section. 

I think you mean the east tower as that is the one they’ve been working on most. I think you’re right though. :good:

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Hike said:

They must be delaying the tower crane install for the Children's Hospital, not seeing any activity. 

You’re right.  I’m thinking that decision was probably based on the weather - not a good weekend (weather-wise) to try and throw up a couple cranes. 

• Like 1

Was just gonna say, the crane is huge! I would've thought it wouldn't need to be that tall given the supposed height of the new building. And there's gonna be two that height? Seems even taller than the 600 canal cranes. They'll be like the tallest things downtown.

• Like 1

Exactly what I'm thinking.  The second tower crane should be shorter.

Edited by Shakman
  • Like 1

I saw this but assumed I just hadn’t noticed it before (the side street wasn’t closed which lead me to believe that it had already been in place).  The boom wasn’t on it yesterday but the tower is definitely higher. 

• Like 1

Saw on the Pulse Facebook page that there will be a detour off Broad St this Saturday due to the completion of the crane on top of the Children’s Hospital.  Be on the lookout for it this weekend!

• Like 1