wrldcoupe4

VCU Developments

14 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Let’s do it!

Ohhh, it's on.  The crane is on broad in this photo, dark out there, zoom in, you can see it!

VCUH_New_Children's_Hospital_-_View_3-20191102-064159.jpg

here's the link to a few webcams where you can see this going up - of all the days for the General Assembly webcam to be down, that would have been a perfect view of this, once it's back up, I think that will be the better camera to watch this over time.  The webcam from 2525 - these cranes are up there, look to be higher than the others in the view.

https://app.oxblue.com/open/dprvirginia/vcuhnewchildrenshosp

https://public.workzonecam.com/projects/purcell/2525mainst/time-lapse/archive?archiveId=Home

Edited by Hike
  • Like 2

Was just gonna say, the crane is huge! I would've thought it wouldn't need to be that tall given the supposed height of the new building. And there's gonna be two that height? Seems even taller than the 600 canal cranes. They'll be like the tallest things downtown.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RVAnouveau said:

Was just gonna say, the crane is huge! I would've thought it wouldn't need to be that tall given the supposed height of the new building. And there's gonna be two that height? Seems even taller than the 600 canal cranes. They'll be like the tallest things downtown.

Word.

I had mentioned yesterday that I thought the General Assembly webcam was down, now I'm not so sure, may have been user error,  this is from their webcam.

Virginia-General-Assembly_General-Assembly-Building-Remodel-Project_11_03_2019_5_49_06_AM.jpg

• Like 3

Was curious if there was a rule of thumb on how much higher a crane is than the actual building, not an exact definition for this,  but read that it's about 50 feet higher, but can vary.

The video below shows how cranes raise themselves, pretty neat how this is done.  I also assume the west side tower crane will be built by this taller one and it will be lower.

Edited by Hike
  • Like 1

Exactly what I'm thinking.  The second tower crane should be shorter.

Edited by Shakman
  • Like 1

I saw this but assumed I just hadn’t noticed it before (the side street wasn’t closed which lead me to believe that it had already been in place).  The boom wasn’t on it yesterday but the tower is definitely higher. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brent114 said:

I saw this but assumed I just hadn’t noticed it before (the side street wasn’t closed which lead me to believe that it had already been in place).  The boom wasn’t on it yesterday but the tower is definitely higher. 

why yes it is.

CHORP.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Saw on the Pulse Facebook page that there will be a detour off Broad St this Saturday due to the completion of the crane on top of the Children’s Hospital.  Be on the lookout for it this weekend!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, eandslee said:

Saw on the Pulse Facebook page that there will be a detour off Broad St this Saturday due to the completion of the crane on top of the Children’s Hospital.  Be on the lookout for it this weekend!

They had 10th St. blocked last night with what looked like at least three trailers of crane sections.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ward Wood said:

How much height are they adding to the children's hospital?  

It looks like 2 more on the side facing Broad St. and about 7 to 8 higher than the existing on the new addition on the back. Here's the rendering. 

imageproxy.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The sun's bright in this webcam for the Outpatient Facility, but what's new is the camera location.  The camera's moved (camera #1) to an adjacent building and is taking in more of the surrounding area, you can see the children's hospital and the General Assembly, so a good view for all 3 projects now!

https://app.oxblue.com/open/vcu/vcuhsadultoutpatientfacility

Edited by Hike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It looks like the Camera #1 has been moved to the Allied Health Building.

Edited by Shakman
  • Like 1