VCU Developments

wrldcoupe4

• 3 weeks later...

Here are renderings of the soon-to-break-ground VCU retail and residential buildings around the Broad Street Corridor.

DSC06452.jpg

DSC06451.jpg

I do apologize for the quality, I was at a bad angle.

Where is this on Broad?

Edited by Cadeho

Burt, had you noticed this rendering since you returned?

Yes, Coupe, I certainly had noticed and like it.

Did you know that there will be a discrete connection from the building to old Monumental Church? It will provide restroom facilities for visitors to functions (lectures, musicales, theatre, etc.) in the old church. Historic Richmond has just about completed restoration.

Edited by burt

Yes, Coupe, I certainly had noticed and like it.

Did you know that there will be a discrete connection from the building to old Monumental Church? You can barely see it in the rendering. It will provide restroom facilities for visitors to functions (lectures, musicales, theatre, etc.) in the old church. Historic Richmond has just about completed restoration.

According to the site plan a few post above, I do not see the connection.

According to the site plan a few post above, I do not see the connection.

You sneaked in on my post while I was editing that sentence out, Shak. What I had originally taken to be a connection is between two buildings behind the new one.

BUT, my statement about a discrete connection is true.

You sneaked in on my post while I was editing that sentence out, Shak. What I had originally taken to be a connection is between two buildings behind the new one.

BUT, my statement about a discrete connection is true.

I have always been known for my good timing. :P

I was browsing...and came upon this.....

VCU Parking and Transportation Systems Review

Design review of proposed parking structures. VHB completed siting, access and layout review of three proposed parking facilities, one on the Medical Campus and two on the Academic Campus. VHB also completed conceptual design of a proposed air-rights parking structure over the RMA Downtown Expressway.

What does it mean exactly?

wow that's a pretty nursing school...

Air rights for a deck above the RMA deck would mean that a parking deck could be built on top of the RMA parking deck.

Actually the way it's worded makes it sound more like a parking deck could be built over the downtown expressway - perhaps along Harrison, Linden or Cherry.

Actually the way it's worded makes it sound more like a parking deck could be built over the downtown expressway - perhaps along Harrison, Linden or Cherry.

Sounds like a good plan to me, blake_p. It would be very near the new deck at Cary and (about) Morris streets.

Those VCU decks are not always open I discovered. When I went to a Sunday matinee of AIDA at The Landmark, I arrived early because I wanted to park and roam around VCU and the area. But the deck at Laurel and Main was closed to the general public and didn't open til about an hour before show time. I was lucky and found a spot two or three blocks away on the street that runs parallel to the RMA Expressway.

wait I thought the RMA Parking Deck was gonna have that Condo Tower on it over top the downtown expressway.

Are you confusing this with James Center, Joey? We're talking about a new deck possibly to be built over the Downtown Expressway near VCU's Academic campus. At least, that what I inferred from the above posts.

Yeah, I misunderstood what he said Joey. VCU wants to build another deck over top of the DT expressway closer to the MOnroe Park Campus.

Shakman should update us on this condo proposal thing.

What condo poroposal? I think I must have missed that discussion.

Burt their has been talk of Putting a Condo Tower on top of the RMA Parking Deck over top the downtown Expressway and the parking deck I believe is very close to the James Center. But we know very little at this time but i'm sure shakman knows something.

The parking deck is across Canal Street from One James Center. The condo proposal is for the RMA Garage in Downtown. (burt - I told you about this.)