CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Ridgeland at the Park

gs3

Was walking between Falls Park and Cleveland Park yesterday on the greenway trail and noticed a new condo development on Ridgeland Street (this is the street across from the portion of the park that has the military plane on display). A sign said "Renaissance at the Falls", luxury condos. There was no web address. Anybody know about this? Is this one of the taller 12 floor buildings that has been talked about for Cleveland Park? The site used to have some cute brick duplex apartments which have been torn down. Work was actively going on at the site.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard any details on the look or shape of the building(s), but just observing the length of the cleared property and reading that there will be 41 units in the facility, I would say it may be semi low-rise. However I could be wrong because part of the site may be used for parking and/or landscaping, meaning the building(s) would become a bit taller. :)

I haven't heard any details on the look or shape of the building(s), but just observing the length of the cleared property and reading that there will be 41 units in the facility, I would say it may be semi low-rise.  However I could be wrong because part of the site may be used for parking and/or landscaping, meaning the building(s) would become a bit taller. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, 41 doesn't seem like many units. I did hear these are like 600K and up, so they should be fairly large units. Could only be a few per floor. Would love to see a rendering, but can't seem to find any website.

Are we getting Biltmore Oaks and Renaissance at the Falls confused or is it just a coincidence that both have 41 units?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it is just a coincidence. I was over that way yesterday and happen to ride by both projects, and it struck me that they were the same size. One may have been 42 units.

Yeah, 41 doesn't seem like many units.  I did hear these are like 600K and up, so they should be fairly large units.  Could only be a few per floor.  Would love to see a rendering, but can't seem to find any website.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right about their being larger units at that price. That information also lends to the probability of a sheltered parking structure. These kinds of developments are usually associated with high-end condos. That would likely add to the overall height of the residential building(s), assuming they will be constucted as one. :)

You're right about their being larger units at that price.  That information also lends to the probability of a sheltered parking structure.  These kinds of developments are usually associated with high-end condos.  That would likely add to the overall height of the residential building(s), assuming they will be constucted as one. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets hope this is a nice sizable addition to the GV skyline.

I seriously doubt that this project will be a high-rise. It will likely be attached townhouse units, similiar to Biltmore Oaks.

A high-rise would be inappropriate in that area and the zoning wouldn't allow it.

Nevertheless, it will be a great addition to the area.

I seriously doubt that this project will be a high-rise.  It will likely be attached townhouse units, similiar to Biltmore Oaks.

A high-rise would be inappropriate in that area and the zoning wouldn't allow it. 

Nevertheless, it will be a great addition to the area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There have been multiple rumors circulating about a couple of highrise (midrise) projects around Cleveland Park. Thought this may be one. So does anybody have any info on this project? Guess we'll have to wait to see what it turns out to be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Some new info on the development Renaissance at the falls ( The big clearing above Cleveland park near the airplane). It has been renamed Ridgeland at the park www.ridgelandatthepark.com and has a new site plan and floor plans and will have new elevations also. The building are not quite as close together as before and supposedly each building will have a different exterior. I was told that the design goal was to make the development appear to be a neighbourhood of large individual houses. Should be an improvement over the original plan.

Forgot we had this thread.

Thanks for the link Trey! The website looks great. Hopefully they will add renderings of the elevations. Are the prices still in the same range?

From my discussion with realtor they are planing on more upgrade options and some units will have two car garages, so I would assume that they will cost more.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived