CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Ridgeland at the Park

gs3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

DSCF0152.jpg

New sign but they have not started building. In the last article I read the developer said that the new home owners would be moving in the summer of 2006.

Thanks for posting Trey! :)

What happened to the tudor style? These definitelv do not look tudor.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DSCF1065.jpg

The grading is getting close to being done. They have lower the grade as much as 20' in some spots. After cutting down almost all the trees that were on the site (50-75 Large oaks and Dogwoods?) and totally rebuilding the original grade it is clear that no one has hear of the concept of "working with nature" on this project. I have never been impressed with the planing of this project and amazed at how much money has been spent to get so little done. This project looks like it is being done by out of town strip mall developers. I am hoping for the best, but the best is not as near as good as what could have been (with some better planing) for this originally beautiful site. :(

Some people like to attribute all the flooding to the loss of trees, but now that loss of trees can be atributed to the flooding and trying to stop it. As I see it, the problem is that often the grading required for storm water management, as required by DHEC, requires to loss of many trees that should be saved.

Another issue is buildings costs, it is more expensive to build with a basement or large elevated floor. For a project to be viable costs must be alined with what the properties can be sold for.

• 5 weeks later...

The wall is actually going to be pretty nice. I drove by it today. There's not much room for a sidewalk, true, but with the trail along the river in Cleveland Park, who needs sidewalks? :lol: The stone work on the wall is definitely going to fit in with that in Cleveland Park, Falls Park, Rock Quarry Garden, etc., in the area too.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a neighborhood just off of Rutherford Road, just after the point where North Main dead ends into Rutherford, called Richland Park (or something like that...I am positive it has Richland in the name). The homes are mid-$200's I believe. They seem more urban, with smaller yards, homes closer together, and sidewalks throughout on both sides of the road.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not. I keep seeing Richland at the Park advertised in listing magazines as well as Ridgeland . Is this a separate project? If not, they are repeatedly misspelling their listings, which could lead to a bit of confusion.

The Richland at Cleveland Park is a seperate condo project located across East Washington Street from the Greenville Zoo entrance. It is an 4 or 5 story Italian-inspired building. I really love it!

Ridgeland at the Park is the subject of this thread, and it is located on Ridgeland Drive, just off of McDaniel Avenue, next to the Rock Quarry Garden and the old fighter jet memorial.

• 2 months later...

DSCF1800.jpg

Sorry about the poor photo (a drive by shot) but finally some progress on this project! :thumbsup: They will have all the foundations but one pored by the end of the week and with the framers started we should see some good progress over the next few months.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived