gs3

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I posted on the calendar that Spartaburg's Annual Red White & Boom festival was on the 29th, when in reality it is tomorrow- Wednesday the 28th. Make sure you check it out.... its in Barnet Park. Just follow the hords of people. :D

I posted on the calendar that Spartaburg's Annual Red White & Boom festival was on the 29th, when in reality it is tomorrow- Wednesday the 28th. Make sure you check it out.... its in Barnet Park. Just follow the hords of people. :D

Are you kidding? A July 4th festival on Wednesday night? No thanks, I have work to be started tomorrow morning at 4:00. Who in the World planned this event anyway? :wacko:

Spartanburg has always done its 4th of July festival a few days early. I'm not entirely sure why. I think that it was originally done so that they could get a better quality fireworks show, but don't hold me to that... so they just stuck with it. Anyway, It was a great show tonight. I didn't go down to the park, but I hear the entertainment was great. The fireworks were great too. There were a ton of people downtown to see it, as there are every year.

• 1 month later...

And if you can make it, the NCAA baseball tournament starts this weekend with #1 national seed, Clemson, hosting UNC Asheville, Mississippi St. and Elon in tiger town. Games are this Friday through possibly Monday, with each session starting at 3 PM.

Another reason you should have gone to this event...it might not happen again for a long, long time.

NCAA Considers Expanding Ban On Events in South Carolina

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6080101214.html

Oh, brother!

Why the ban was stupid in the first place: http://www.metrobeat.net/gbase/Expedite/Content?oid=oid:3882 and, if it wasn't, why it has certainly run its course.

The issue now seems to be more of a 'stand your ground' thing... If you continually give-in to their demands, then their demands will grow and their mindset will be that they can get anything. This is not a monster that you want to create (if it has not been created yet). I agree that it does not belong directly infront of the state house, if it even belongs on the grounds. But psychologically, giving into their demands now to remove the flag, is the worst thing that could be done.

It is not fair for the NCAA to expand their boycott. They should keep thier noses out of South Carolina's business. If any school in the state makes it to the playoffs, then they deserve to host games. Private schools and public schools alike. If Carolina gets a Super Regional, then their players deserve the home field advantage. If Clemson's soccer team makes if deep into the tournament again, then they deserve to play at Historic Riggs Field. If Furman's football team continues its past success, then they deserve to play host to whoever their opponent is.

This is not helping the black community in SC at all. They are hurting the African Americans working in South Carolina's service industries, the African American athletes who work hard to reach post season play, and those African American families who observe the boycott are robbed of a great vacation :) . Hopefully the NCAA will realize that an expansion of the boycott is not needed and that they should lift their current ban.

Archived