Wiil Tennessee be a top ten team

brewerw

28 members have voted

1. 1. Wiil Tennessee be a top ten team

• Yes
    • No

I think that the University of Tennessee will have a great football team next year. Last year they had the 2nd youngest team in the SEC and won the SEC East (beating Georgia and Flordia). This year the had a recruiting class in the top three of every poll. Erick Ainge had a spectacular freshman year at quarterback. Can UT make be in the top ten? I need outside oppinion. Dont say no because you hate them, be true.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the University of Tennessee will have a great football team next year. Last year they had the 2nd youngest team in the SEC and won the SEC East (beating Georgia and Flordia). This year the had a recruiting class in the top three of every poll. Erick Ainge had a spectacular freshman year at quarterback. Can UT make be in the top ten? I need outside oppinion. Dont say no because you hate them, be true.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Possibly...

But I still gotta stay with my Pac-10 teams.

Go Trojans!

they will win the sec. even though it'll be tough (richt still at georgia, urban meyer at florida, and the visor man himself spurrior at south carolina). you have to think about all the weapons ut has now (and no, i'm not talking about gun charges). if they were that good last year (only lost 3 games, two to undefeated auburn with one of those games in the sec championship) i see them as only being better this year. the oustanding freshman quarterbacks from last year are back, with the exception of schaffer who really didn't have much of an impact if you look at it. ainge and clausen proved themeselves as capable of leading a team to a championship last year. add that to a top recruiting class and i see a definate top ten team. who knows, maybe a national title may even be lurking around. the sec is coming back to being the top conference again, that's for sure.

• 1 month later...

Possibly...

Go Trojans!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with the Pac-10 comment, just not the Trojans part. Go Sun Devils! :P

Actually, I think UT will have a pretty darn good season. We'll see how they start out, specifically at Florida and at LSU. If they win those 2 games, they'll have a decent shot at running the table.

You ain't playing no Ron Zook Gator team no mo.  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha, oh i know. i think the whole sec knows now. urban still has to prove his worth in the sec though. i see the sec east being a battle. fulmer, spurrier, richt and meyer.....man, that's gonna be tough.

haha, oh i know. i think the whole sec knows now. urban still has to prove his worth in the sec though. i see the sec east being a battle. fulmer, spurrier, richt and meyer.....man, that's gonna be tough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is true that, currently, Urban has not won an SEC game. And you're right about the East looking like a regular killer's row. I can't wait. what is it ? About 70 days ?!

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post. Hopefully I'll get it to work. I', not very computer enabled. The SEC will most likely start the season with 6-7 teams in the Top 25 with 4 of those being in the East. More than likely, 3 of those being in the top ten. Tennessee in most polls will be either the 2 or 3 spot in the poll. The other top three team will most likely be Iowa. Of the top three, Tennessee has the hardest road to hold to keep in that spot. Southern Cal will have the easiest. I'm not saying that any of them have cakewalks. Don't know if Tennessee can go undefeated. But if they should make it past the road games at Florida and LSU, Tennessee will win the SEC East. It looks like a rematch with LSU in the SEC Championship, if that happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure Tennessee will be a good team this year but I'm not making any predictions yet. It always seems there's always one team that comes from nowhere and does well in the SEC. That and with them playing in the SEC east, I'd be careful making any early predictions.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

that game last night was incredible! i hope fulmer finally realizes that clausen is the better qb.

Satalac; I think that not taking the sack for the Safety was all the convincing that the coaches needed to realize that they were starting a Not Ready For Primetime Player. Clausen may not have the arm, but he will not make those kinds of supid mistakes. This week Tennessee should be able to tool up the offense against Ole Miss.

Satalac; I think that not taking the sack for the Safety was all the convincing that the coaches needed to realize that they were starting a Not Ready For Primetime Player. Clausen may not have the arm, but he will not make those kinds of supid mistakes. This week Tennessee should be able to tool up the offense against Ole Miss.

i definatly agree. clausen doesn't make mistakes like that when he's under pressure. like you said, instead of taking the sack or throwing it out of bounds, ainge simply lobs the ball into a group of people 3 yards from the endzone. he may be talented, but he does not have the brains of a great qb. this win is exactly what the vols needed after that embarrassment in florida.

i definatly agree. clausen doesn't make mistakes like that when he's under pressure. like you said, instead of taking the sack or throwing it out of bounds, ainge simply lobs the ball into a group of people 3 yards from the endzone. he may be talented, but he does not have the brains of a great qb. this win is exactly what the vols needed after that embarrassment in florida.

I still don't understand the Florida loss. Tennessee is a much more talented team with a bigger offensive line. Tennessee has a way of self-destructing one week and playing like champs the next.

You could also make the argument of LSU playing like champs one half on self-destructing the next half.

Hey Mith; If you watched the game, the score really should have been 7-0 at the half from the way that the two teams played. Ainge was directly responsible for the other two scores. I really don't know that LSU self-destructed in the second half. I think that both teams played well in the second half. Randy Sanders called a better game in the second half and Clausen did a better job of making good decisions to get Tennessee into the right plays. LSU was still better on special teams than Tennessee throughout the game and that has hurt Tennessee all season. It certainly could cost Tennessee again. That and consistant quarterback play are the two things that the Vols really need to work on. I think that the defense has played well enough in every game to keep the Vols in the games.

• 1 month later...

The diffinitive answer at this point is NO. I slit my wrists on Saturday. I was sick 12 years ago when South Carolina won last against Tennessee, but now that they have Spurrier it makes it soooooo much worse. They're terrible and we could not put together any offense to be able to win. At this point Tennessee has to win 3 of its last four games to be bowl eligible. Maybe Touchdown Jesus will fall off the wall.

Possibly...

Go Trojans!

Huzzah! Glad to see always-irritating BCS straightened itself out this week :D

As for Tennesee, I don't know. Sounds like they have been having a rough go of it. I'd guess that they'd get to top 25, but top 10 can be much more difficult.

Archived