Commuting to Work

monsoon

Where do you work in Charlotte/Meck  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you work in Charlotte/Meck

• Work Downtown, drive from suburbs
    • Work Downtown, ride mass transit from suburbs
    • Work Downtown, walk from downtown locale (include gold rush/trolley)
    • Work CLT not inside loop, drive
    • Work CLT not inside loop, mass transit
    • Work outside CLT/Meck, drive from CLT/Meck
    • Work outside CLT/Meck, drive from Metro but not CLT/Meck
    • Do not work or live in CLT Metro
    • Telecommute
    • Student
    • Do not work

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked Work outside the loop, drive assuming that the loop referred to is 277. I live in the University area and drive to South Charlotte, Arrowood Rd. area. I've tried finding a bus alternative, but the earliest bus from the university area to downtown to catch the Arrowood Exp. would not get me to work on time, so its driving for now.

i be livin' in a little neighborhood we like to call "shamrock gardens", which is right across shamrock from country club, and reaches over to the plaza and noda. i drive the volvo to work on freedom dr. daily. but on the weekends the volvo is parked and out comes the bike (an old raleigh - no gears w/ a granny basket). thats how we tool around midwood and noda. i also have a honda elite80 scooter and am dreaming of a segway. i want to start a segway gang.

I live in Noda and my wife drops me off every morning en route to her job in South Charlotte. In the evening, I usually take the bus back home--the buses run every 10 minutes and I work a block away from the bus station, so taking the bus is fairly convenient but a lot cheaper than driving/parking.

You know, something really beneficial could come from this thread. I'd be willing to carpool if someone worked near me and had similar schedules. As I stated, I live in 4W and drive to Ballantyne (office park across from the Resort). I leave downtown around 9A and I leave B'tyne around 6P to go home. If that syncs with someone's routing/time, I can provide a ride. I'm driving it already anyway.

You know, something really beneficial could come from this thread. I'd be willing to carpool if someone worked near me and had similar schedules. As I stated, I live in 4W and drive to Ballantyne (office park across from the Resort). I leave downtown around 9A and I leave B'tyne around 6P to go home. If that syncs with someone's routing/time, I can provide a ride. I'm driving it already anyway.

Turbo -- start a 'share the ride' thread -- GREAT idea.

I live in Dilworth, work in Dilworth...bike or drive, I often have to drive around town to review projects...I rarely go anywhere further than Southpark or Noda. I did go to Ballantyne last week, I couldn't wait to get back!

Archived