Kilpatrick lives it up while Detroit struggles

Ramcharger

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To put his spending in perpective. $210,000 in 2 years, 9 months is roughly $210 per day. How is he allowed to get away with this? Oh yeah, that's right, lay-off the people that audit his spending.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, KK is only looking out for KK. He has to be the most self serving public official I have ever seen. It scares me to think that there are there are enough uninformed voters that he is actually "in" the race for mayor.

• 2 weeks later...

"The Detroit City Council voted unanimously Wednesday for the city to discontinue the use of city-issued credit cards and unnecessary travel.

The move was aimed directly at Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, the only city employee and elected official with a credit card in his name.

The resolution, which is symbolic and does not carry the force of law, came in the wake of the latest controversy surrounding the mayor." -- Detroit Free Press, 05/11/2005

Why do we continue to pay for a city council which apparently has no legal authority? Imagine the savings if we just eliminated it! The mayor seems to do whatever he wants anyway!

Archived