Unity Park (New 160 Acre West End Park)

btoy

A $500,000 donation will name a memorial plaza at the Unity Park Honor Tower to memorialize first responders and military veterans who died in service. It also will serve as a place of honor for all who serve.

Greenville Mayor Knox White today announced the donation from Sharon Carlton and Heather Carlton-McInnis for the tower in honor of late community businessman and philanthropist Philip J. Carlton.

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Not sure. That’s what the newspaper article said. 

The design of this was supposed to be modular in a way that made it faster to build as well.  I was expecting something in the 4-6 month range honestly.  Maybe they are expecting a decent amount of site / foundation prep and then allowing a good amount of time after construction for finishing touches and landscaping.

An Request For Qualifications process will take place soon that should complete by the end of April to select a broker for the Mayberry property. Mayor White expects $15-$20 mm in net profits (after sewer improvements and such).  There will be an Affordable requirement include as part of any transfer and the proceeds MAY be available for affordable housing as well.    

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

The expansion of The Commons has started. The demolition is underway, removing the existing building skin. 

Wait what? What's happening? I go there all the time and haven't heard anything other than the new Automatic Taco bar and renovated GBD bar space

I see building permits were issued to 159 Welborn (the unit on the end) to add a 2nd story, internal and external renovations within the last couple months.  Anyone have the plans or have the down low?

I know Feed & Seed was initially planned for this space.. but its been quite a few years since I heard anything about that.

Edited by NewlyUpstate
  • Like 1