Vacant AmEx Building to change hands

Cotuit

Fidelity spent about $(1)3.9 million to renovate the structure over the past few months, doing everything from painting walls and fixing cracks in the first floor to pulling weeds and planting lilies.

Nice to see someone taking care of the Station Park area:

2006-0718-amexbldg001.jpg

2006-0718-amexbldg002.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.projo.com/business/content/proj...03.1b25e3f.html

the sale is complete - Projo article...

I guess this seems to be a good thing. It's purchased by a company that is established and knows the city and how to market this area. Hopefully, this building will be a factor downtown for a long while now, even after Fidelity leaves...

- Garris

After reading about the woman commuting from south Boston to the new PVD offices, I'm hoping Fidelity decides to stay here longer (or dare to wish they relocate even more BOS jobs here). That expanded MBCR schedules must be making these types of things easier for many people.

It's even better that she is already considering MOVING here!

After reading about the woman commuting from south Boston to the new PVD offices, I'm hoping Fidelity decides to stay here longer (or dare to wish they relocate even more BOS jobs here). That expanded MBCR schedules must be making these types of things easier for many people.

It's even better that she is already considering MOVING here!

i'm hoping they move their location out of the mall and into this place and keep it. i know it won't happen... but it'd be nice.

i'm hoping they move their location out of the mall and into this place and keep it. i know it won't happen... but it'd be nice.

I thought I remember reading somewhere that their mall location is moving across the street to G-Tech...

- Garris

I thought I remember reading somewhere that their mall location is moving across the street to G-Tech...

- Garris

you know... that sounds familiar... but i think i remember it being something we were hoping for on here, not something definite. but i could be wrong.

you know... that sounds familiar... but i think i remember it being something we were hoping for on here, not something definite. but i could be wrong.

Fidelity is moving that PPM office to GTECH. Its in the GTECH thread somewhere..

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

70% of the increase is the Gateway Center, whose vacancy was expected. I suspect much of the remaining 30% is the commercial space in the Waterplace Towers, which is new to the market and wouldn't have been counted in last year's figures. If I'm right, this isn't quite as serious an issue for Capital Center as the raw figures make it sound.

70% of the increase is the Gateway Center, whose vacancy was expected. I suspect much of the remaining 30% is the commercial space in the Waterplace Towers, which is new to the market and wouldn't have been counted in last year's figures. If I'm right, this isn't quite as serious an issue for Capital Center as the raw figures make it sound.

Again, the best information is here on this discussion board. Why the hell can't the PBNers or the Projo people actually do some reporting instead of just running press releases? Arrgh. </rant>

• 4 weeks later...

"RI pension fund sells Providence office building"

http://pbn.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/121895

Commonwealth Ventures (the buyers) owns both Gtech and One Financial Plaza. Commonwealth Acquired One Financia January, 2005 and relocated its headquarters to the building.

I dont think so. Commonwealth Ventures have 2 offices... 1 in Boston and 1 in CT according to their website. Am I looking at the wrong Commonwealth Ventures?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived