Midwest transplant with sticker shock!

mmmKane02

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Qwest (AZ, CO, UT, MT, WY, ID, OR, WA others) has started an unlimited long distance plan in certain regions for $20/month. I believe that you can get this in most areas though.

Info.

There aren't many places left in the West that have reasonable costs of living. The shock is understandable.

Hope that helps.

If you've got a fast connection, my sister found this thing where you can just hook up a mic and speakers and you can talk for free after you (and the person you're calling) downloads it onto your computers.

Otherwise, I'm kinda partial to phone cards. I found this really great one called One Suite that is so convenient because all you have to do is dial in a number to call anywhere or recharge your card. You can recharge it on the internet too. It's good because you can use it anywhere, as opposed to from just one phone or computer.

• 2 months later...

hey if you wouldn't mind, tell me all about how it was to move from the midwest to the west coast. where did you move from/to. I posted in another topic that i am interested in doing that same thing soon and am looking for any info i can get. let me know what you think. thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Heh, we went the other way...moved from the West coast to Texas. We bought our house here (with 2800 square feet and 8 acres of land!) cash because we sold our little 1500sf 40+ year old tract house for so much. But phone service here is actually more expensive than it was in Cali, for some reason...

Qwest (AZ, CO, UT, MT, WY, ID, OR, WA others) has started an unlimited long distance plan in certain regions for $20/month. I believe that you can get this in most areas though.

Info.

I just bought some Qwest stock, done pretty well, I think they are one of the more innovative communications companies out there.

Archived