New buiding on Devine St.?

dobboard

Does anyone know what they are building on Devine Street? I appologize that I don't know the cross street, but there is a cleared out lot on the left hand side (if you were coming from 5 points) that they have started to lay a foundation for.

I know this will not be anything "major" but a cool looking building on Devine will only help to enhance the aesthetics of that beautiful street.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found these two blurbs in an article in the State paper on April 22nd...

In June, an NBSC branch will open in a building under construction. The bank closed its Millwood Avenue branch.
Also, an office building should open June 1. Owners Ned Pendarvis, president of Grampian Hills Development, and Gary Snyder, president of Carolina Benefits Group, will be tenants. Pendarvis said they plan to lease the top floor of the 2,500-square-foot building to another tenant.

Not sure if either of these buildings are the one to which I am referring. Could a bank building just being started be completed by June??

I doubt it. NBSC wouldn't build a bank in 5 points becuase it is so close to their other one on Pendleton.

If I had to guess I wouls say its a small office building/retail shop like the others that you see on Devine.

The lower one might be the one.

Yes, coming up Devine from 5 points it would be on your left hand side. It is a corner lot (corner of what I can not remember) and was covered in brown dirt with the small "pipes" sticking out of the ground as construction had just started.

I don't think you could miss it. Let us know what you see.

Archived