Do you use Mass Transit in NC?

monsoon

Do you use or would like to use mass transit in NC?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use or would like to use mass transit in NC?

• I use mass transit.
    • Mass transit is available, but I prefer to drive.
    • There is no mass transit, so I drive.
    • I belong to a carpool.
    • I am not in NC
    • I telecommute
    • Other (explain please)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use mass transit but definitely not on a regular basis. When I lived in Charlotte I actually used CATS a bit when I was just sick of driving. Here in the Triangle my access to mass transit isn't as readily available or as convenient. I believe things are changing though.

I used to like driving. At one time I considered it a pleasure. Now the only time I like driving is late at night in an area with little or no traffic :)

I've noticed more and more people using the little TTA shuttles in RTP during the day, and I've noted more bicycle traffic on the walk/bikeways in RTP along Davis Dr, Alexander, etc.

What I'd like to do is move to a development that is either along one of C-Tran's fixed routes, or at least walking distance from a TTA transfer station. More and more I think I'd rather ride to work than drive. TTA serves the major RTP campuses pretty well with their shuttles--and you can call them for an emergency ride too!

I used to like driving. At one time I considered it a pleasure. Now the only time I like driving is late at night in an area with little or no traffic :)

I've noticed more and more people using the little TTA shuttles in RTP during the day, and I've noted more bicycle traffic on the walk/bikeways in RTP along Davis Dr, Alexander, etc.

What I'd like to do is move to a development that is either along one of C-Tran's fixed routes, or at least walking distance from a TTA transfer station. More and more I think I'd rather ride to work than drive. TTA serves the major RTP campuses pretty well with their shuttles--and you can call them for an emergency ride too!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about Downtown Cary? That way you get all of the above, plus Amtrak within walking distance, and TTA rail if that goes through =) There's not a whole lotta options in that area just yet but there's gotta be something out there...

amtrak, does that count? Ride it between Raleigh and Charlotte a few times a year. Would do it more often if I had a car at each end, its so much more relaxing than driving, and it almost competes with the interstate in the time it takes to get from here to there.

Archived