LandMar Approved?

jjoshjl

Can anyone confirm this for me because I havent head it anywhere else...

On the way home last night, I heard on NPR them talking about the whole screwy crap with the grand jury. Right after that, they had a two second blurb about how the Landmar design has been approved and is going to full council next week for a vote. Has anyone heard this or did I hear something wrong...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a joint committee meeting of Finance and RCD yesterday. They 'approved', the development agreement and the O&M agreement between the City and LandMar. It is supposed to be put to a vote on on Tuesday.

LandMar deal clears 2 council panels

Company agrees to let the city audit public space records anytime.

By GREGORY RICHARDS, The Times-Union

A plan to redevelop the downtown Shipyards property came one step closer to reality Tuesday as two Jacksonville City Council committees approved the city's deal with developer LandMar Group.

The affirmation, by a special joint meeting of the council's finance and community development committees, paves the way for the full 19-member council to vote on the proposal next week.

If OK'd by the council, the plan would transform 40 acres of vacant property on the Northbank into a huge complex of offices, shops and up to 350 hotel rooms and 662 residences.

It would also set aside about 8 acres -- up from 7.5 acres previously-- for public use, including an extension of the riverwalk and a 680-foot-long pedestrian pier. Those public improvements are estimated to cost LandMar $38 million, of which $15.5 million is eligible for reimbursement by the city.

"At the end of the day, I think we've done good for the public," Councilman Lad Daniels said.

For full article, click here:

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor..._18647945.shtml

Archived