Florida Pics

cityboy05

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pic_skynight.jpg

This is a pic of the Tallahasse skyline. It will be changed in a few years, but it still looks beautiful for what it is now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm an FSU grad and wish more people in the state were aware of what a nice job they are doing with their downtown. I've got some nice pics too, but just can't figure out how to post them.

ckview.jpg

Cedar Key, FL, on the Gulf Coast. Not much density but a very pleasant area. This is the parking area for the marina, overlooking the Gulf. The decoration reveals that this picture was taken near Christmas (12/21/2002).

Haha I saw that pic and thought to myself "wow that sure looks alot like cedar key". If that is where I am thinking it is, there is a little beach to the left. I like cedar key, it's a cool little town.

These are pics of my hometown Punta Gorda/Port charolette, Florida. You all probaly know that Hurricane Charley ripped through these 2 beautiful towns that few people knew about

PGICanal2.jpg

This is a pic of one of the canals of Charolette County, Florida. I hear there are alligators in these canals!!

Punta-Gorda.jpg

This is a street down in Punta Gorda. I want to say this is located near the downtown area.

Number11.jpg

This is an example of Punta Gordian architect near the downtown area.

13.jpg

This is downtown Punta Gorda after the coming of Charley.

88.jpg

This picture is of my family church. My uncle is the pastor of this church. In the background you can see my cousin Arlene picking up bibles and pieces of paper from the pews. My aunt Charlie Ann's(charley for short)birthday was the same day Hurricane Charley hit Punta Gorda and the rest of Charolette county Florida. Can you believe that??!! :blink::lol:

cchwy.jpg

Cross Creek, FL, May 29, 2004. On the right is 'The Yearling' restaurant which serves old fashioned Florida cuisine including everyone's favorite dish - gator tail!! This photo is taken from the highway bridge that crosses the creek which flows between Lake Orange and Lake Lochloosa. Just down the road is the Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings Historic Site, the preserved homestead where she wrote the famous novel 'The Yearling'. This area is off the beaten path and mostly undeveloped, giving some idea of what most of the state was like in the 1930's when Rawlings was writing her novels.

Here are more pics of Tallahassee a.k.a Tally- Hoe

1678637-Downtown_Tallahassee_from_a_room_with_a_view-Tallahassee.jpg

This is taken from a hotel room downtown

index5.jpg

This is a photo by Ray Stanyard of Downtown, a good photographer I must say

misc2_pic.gif

This photo is taken near the Govenor's inn hotel, that tall building is the Govenor's Inn.

72948.jpg

capitol2.jpg

These are other pics of downtown tallahassee

godby1.jpg

This is my high school Godby. i just had to put that in :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cross creek is a nice little place, not much to do there though. One of the lakes it connects, Orange Lake, was completely dried up during the droughts a few years ago. Dunno if it is still dried now, but it was very strange looking at the spot where the huge lake used to be.

Archived