Florida Pics

cityboy05

From this angle, the only place change is the Sanctuary, other than that, Orlando skyline still look the same. Add in Tradition Towers, Vue, Star Tower and the mysterious highland project, this angle will be perfect.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cross creek is a nice little place, not much to do there though. One of the lakes it connects, Orange Lake, was completely dried up during the droughts a few years ago. Dunno if it is still dried now, but it was very strange looking at the spot where the huge lake used to be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Orange Lake is still mostly dry - actually it looks more like a weedy thicket. When I was there I was told that the bottom broke through and the entire lake drained into the aquifer. Supposedly that happened previously in the late 1800s and isn't too uncommon around that area due to the limestone bedrock. Doesn't look too good though :(

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching the travel channel on haunted places, which made me want to post these pics. These pics are of the sunland hospital of Tallahassee. There has been a lot of talk about how haunted this place is. I remember driving pass it and looking at how creepy and mysterious this place was. There has been reports of screams, crying, and ghostly images in this abandoned edifice. This building probaly contains abestos, and it's floors are falling apart.

sunland.jpg

SL20.jpg

SL9.jpg

SLG2.jpg

Supposely in this pic there is paranormal activity going on. LoL in a scared way. :rofl::cry:

[WTEdwards2.jpg

This pic is taken in 1952 of Sunland. I think they should like make a museum of this hospital and other haunted places in this area. This would allow tourists to really see the "other side" of Florida. Here is link of where I got the pictures. http://www.sunlandtallahassee.com/

• 1 month later...

Sunland! Me and some of my buddies went to Sunland at like 1am after a few beers because everyone had always talked about how creepy it was and we didn't believe it and wanted to check it out for ourselves.

We got there, scaled the fence (technically felony trespassing, which I wouldn't recommend) and headed inside through a window. I don't believe in ghosts or hauntings or anything at all, but that place is so weird. For starters it was like 20 degrees colder in the building than it was outside in certain rooms, and then in certain rooms is was dramatically hotter than it was outside. We heard some weird noises, but the real kicker for me was that I set an empty beer bottle on the ground, all four of my friends and I went in the next room and I heard a crash and my bottle was in a million peices on the ground. There was absolutely no one else around, but it could have been and probably was someone screwing with us as I still don't really believe in that kind of thing.

It's definitely not worth the risk of going to though. Not because of any legends or anything, just because the place is so structurally unsound that it's like a death trap.

I love "haunted" places like that. There a great place to really pull one over on your friends.

Too bad that hospital was abondoned, that is a pretty significant building that could have had many uses. Anywho, bring on the wrecking ball baby and tear that eyesore to the ground.

Yea they really need to knock this building down it gives me this weird feeling everytime I pass it. I remember when i first saw this building. I was about 6 years. It just looked so creepy, but you know there are a lot of haunted places in Tallahassee. I remember when I was at the FSU school of music for camp. There were rumours by the campers that one of the practice rooms was haunted. I remember being alone in the basement of this building by myself one night. I heard a creepy noise. No one that i knew of was on that floor. I practically ran back up those stairs. I was so terrified!

hey!

my name's Stephanie & Im from Deland. I wanted to tell you guys about the time I went to the Orlando Sunland. that building freaked me out so bad! it was one of those things that you could just look at and you could feel how ominus it was. My friends and I went in there a couple of times and although we didnt hear anything, we did see old medicine bottles with liquid still inside it, files thrown across the floor and this gag with tape on it. Eew! I read one of the files and it was a log of this boy trying to escape a few times.

but they did tear that one down couple of years back cause some kid fell down the elevator shaft.

I also wanted to say these pictures are real good! I would go and drive around and take pics and I get my finger in half of them...

Yea they really need to knock this building down it gives me this weird feeling everytime I pass it. I remember when i first saw this building. I was about 6 years. It just looked so creepy, but you know there are a lot of haunted places in Tallahassee. I remember when I was at the FSU school of music for camp. There were rumours by the campers that one of the practice rooms was haunted. I remember being alone in the basement of this building by myself one night. I heard a creepy noise. No one that i knew of was on that floor. I practically ran back up those stairs. I was so terrified!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the boards Stephanie B)

Was Sunland a psychiatric hospital? If so that reminds me of the movie "House on Haunted Hill". Great haunted house flick.

So how long has the building been abondoned?

Yes it was a hospital for children with both psych and emotional problems. There was lots of stuff written about them getting sued so many times for abuse and neglect. My friend was saying that they did all kinds of experaments on the patients - but I dont know if it went quite that far!

good stories though - especially when youre on your way to go in that place!

It was closed down in 97 or 98 I think.

Haunted hill was good - oh does anyone play Silent Hill (ps2)? I recently got addicted to that game and I dont play that much video games. Its scary scary! and theyre making a movie about it now and its going to be out in 2006 i guess. that should be really cool

Archived