Florida Pics

cityboy05

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, but my younger brother is working on his pilots liscence and i go up with him every now and then... this area is a must see from the sky.. 20 minutes and you are flying over beautiful coast witht the lighthouse at st marks, and then back into the green and you start to see a little speck of light sticking up downtown... the closer you get, the color it looks. the trees add a little more beauty than they steal... but i think in 5 yrs it will look much more alive (chop the trees= more alive... i sound insane)

• 3 weeks later...

^Yeah we're gonna need you to scan those there buddy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good news, I'll probably be taking a trip to Florida next summer. I'd be going to Lake Wales (used to have relatives down there), Daytona Beach (used t go there every sumer), and Jacksonville (because I've always wanted to go there).

Until then, I'll see if I can find some pictures from the Indian Lake Estates area of Polk to scan (that's where my relatives used to live).

• 2 weeks later...

Nice stab... we've got 10 or more projects in the works... we're getting there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't mean to stab or come across offensively, just giving my opinion. For a city of 100,000, Tallahassee seems to be a bit behind skyscraper-wise; cities such as Sarasota, Fort Myers, etc. have a leg up on Tallahassee; but as you say, there are very nice and promising projects in the pipeline, and very soon Tallahassee's skyline will catch up with its population.

FLORIDA SKYRISE ORDER

The largest in shear size and land area consumed has got to be the Turnpike/US441/I-595/SR84 interchange in Broward County... It's rectangularly laid out. Next in line would be the I-75/I-595/SR84/SR869 interchange in western Broward County. It's more square but still huge.

The busiest interchange in the entire state by daily traffic volume is the Golden Glades Interchange in Miami, where I-95, the Turnpike, US 441, SR 826, SR 9, a few side streets, and Tri-Rail converge.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking towards downtown Jacksonville, FL from the Main Street Bridge

dsc01181.jpg

dsc01164.jpg

Looking towards the Bank of America and Modis Towers from near Hemming Plaza.

dsc01057.jpg

dsc01211.jpg

Hemming Plaza

dsc01217.jpg

dsc01214.jpg

Modis Building at dusk

dsc00589.jpg

Downtown Jax at night

dsc01080.jpg

dsc01083.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no way Orland can beat that or compare; Miami squashes Jax, and Tampa stands toe to toe even surpassing at most angles. Jax will retake the number one skyline appearance throne very soon!

FLORIDA SKYRISE ORDER

Archived