A Compilation of Good Ideas

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saying "blacks" is much better than "people of color" since that's really what it means.

frankly, i don't call myself an italian-american or a polish-american. i don't see why we have to call blacks african-americans when the majority of them have little to no connection to africa (i have absolutely no connection to italy or poland, i'm just a plain old american with an italian and polish ethnic background). and honestly... going into black white yellow brown whatever... it's a freaking label. you're a human, i'm a human, blacks are human, indians are human, asians are human. this country was founded on freedom, i think freedom of labels needs to happen. we're all in this together. unfortunately, too many people disagree with me.

Edited by JJK5

If you're asking seriously, Negro literally means the color black in Spanish, as well as some other Romance languages, all deriving from the latin word for black: niger. As far as referring to black people I don't know who started it. MLK used to use it, then Malcolm X came along and said Afro-American was better. That led to African-American..and so on and so on.

• 4 months later...

Hey UP'res

You all are in the know, so to speak, about projects in and around PVD. I need help keeping up with everything going on, construction and renovation wise. If you like taking photos, think about becomming part of my street team of photographers who can help keep ArtInRuins up-to-date.

Visit ArtInRuins if you don't know what I am talking about, and start emailing photos to [email protected]. All submissions get proper credit and appear on the site at 510 x 383 pixels.

j

Hey UP'res

You all are in the know, so to speak, about projects in and around PVD. I need help keeping up with everything going on, construction and renovation wise. If you like taking photos, think about becomming part of my street team of photographers who can help keep ArtInRuins up-to-date.

Visit ArtInRuins if you don't know what I am talking about, and start emailing photos to [email protected]. All submissions get proper credit and appear on the site at 510 x 383 pixels.

j

• 1 year later...

I wish, Cotuit. Sadly, I just have been holed up in Pawtucket, doing my thing, trying to get people to pay me.

Here's an idea, which is more work for {someone}. But, it would be nice, since I don't have much time to monitor all these forums these days, to get some sort of compilation of the hot topics and conversations going on. Does the UP platform have something that would make it easy to do and maintain? A lot of forum topics get cluttered with inside jokes and asides

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Spanky, I know RSS... I meant a boiled down version of the topics here, not every little post and inside joke or smarmy comment. That stuff is fine, but when i want the news, i guess I want the news.

GCPVD is growing on me... not as much info as i would like, but I know many of the posters and I know they are working on talking about more.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else been to Prov. Place recently? It is starting to look worn. the rugs are all wrinkled and one escalator was not working this week. Also spotted one vacant store front. The new CVS is a plus however.

And the air conditoning didn't seem to be working to well also. Not sure if much can be done with the owner in bankruptcy.