I-385

gs3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the blueprint g-man! The plantings look like they stretch for a good distance along 385. This should be very parkway like when complete. Nice! :)

They stretch all the way from I-85 to a little past Laurens Rd. :thumbsup:

For people who haven't seen the plan for the Pleasantburg Drive landscaping, here it is: Pburg-38520bridge-8x10.jpg

Thanks for the pics g-man! I noticed yesterday too, that work is definitely well underway on both the Max Heller Gateway and the sides of 385. When finished, this is going to be a great entrance to the city.

It appears that several of the replacement trees just planted in the twelve-foot wide median are dying like the originals did. :cry:

As long as they keep replacing them, then It's ok by me. I just don't want it to ever look like the medians (like Columbia) where there are major gaps in their landscaping. And I know it's totally different, because our's are in a barrier which helps- their's are prone to wrecks taking out bushes and such... nonetheless it looks awful. :)

you would almost think that the city would mandate that they research this, as to why the trees are dying, before letting anyone spend more money on the issue. maybe it just needs to be a different type of tree, or it could be a whole multitude of other things.

It appears that several of the replacement trees just planted in the twelve-foot wide median are dying like the originals did. :cry:

Only the ones with pink tags on them have been replaced. If your talking about the ones between Pleasantburg and downtown without tags on them, those haven't been replaced and their actually still alive. If you look carefully at them, you will actually see some green leaves on them.

Actually I am speaking of the ones just replaced (with tags).

Oh, that sucks. Looks like they'll have to replace some of them yet again. The weird thing is it's only the trees that are dying. So far, none of the bushes have died which is good, but they still need to figure out why these trees keep on dying and fix the problem.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
I agree it would be a great idea. It's ashame when I-385 was widen and the new bridge went in, that this wasn't done.

I would like to see a 'stacked stone' bridge done there.

Also, a roadside sign with a giraffe, elephant, etc. for the Greenville Zoo would be good cool for the Stone Ave. exit, sinc ethat is the closest exit ot the zoo. The Zoo here has such LOW visibility, compared to the one in Columbia.

• 9 months later...

This could have been done for a while and I just noticed......last night noticed that on 385 outbound, just before the 85 interchange, the interstate shields with the interstate numbers have been painted on the pavement, in the lanes, as extra directional help (along with overhead signage). Texas is big on this in their cities and I have always liked it. Glad to SC jumping on this. Looks good. :thumbsup:

I'd like to see different lighting on our bridges in the CBD. The Main Street and River Street bridges were recently changed to pedestrian style lighting rather than the overhead vehicular oriented lights and they look great. Church Street and Academy Street bridges would be nice to have changed as well.

Archived