WHERE TO RELOCATE ?

I've only been to Miami once last month and i was impressed with everything. We plan to relocate in a year. I work in a hospital so getting a job won't be a problem. We are thinking about Downtown area or South Beach. We want to be either near the park or the beach coz we love to run, we have no kids. Being a local, where is the best place to live in Miami if we plan to buy a one bedroom condo. Thank you very much!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brickell sounds more your style, if you can deal with all the construction that is coming up. I see a lot of runners there. The metromover connects to downtown and the Jackson Medical complex is just a quick trip away by metrorail.

Downtown and Brickell still lack the everyday things that make up great urban areas, like grocery, drug stores and delis, but I'm betting that will change very quickly in the next 2-3 years.

^Mary Brickell Village will solve alot of the backbone retail problems south of the Miami River. It has a Publix, I think. And a Bally Total Fitness. It's so hard to determine what an area is like in Miami, because you have to wait 2-3 years to see what it becomes, lol.

Welcome, Paula! I agree Brickell is probably a good fit for you... There are already a good array of restaurants of varying scale, the amenities are coming, and it will be exciting to see your neighborhood transform bit by bit, building by building.

Mary Brickell Village will host Brickell's third Publix... When completed, there will be three Publix stores less than one mile apart from each other. If that doesn't speak for the type of density that is coming to that part of town or what is already there, I don't know what does.

Archived