Downtown Columbia Living

Spartan

Don't go to Cornell Arms unless you have to. That place sucks, but the location is phenominal.

The Vista Commons is a good choice. Nice place. Great location. Not so good for commuting to campus, since its slightly to far to walk on a hot Columbia day, unless you just like that kinda thing. It would be almost a waste to drive to the commuter lots below the Coliseum from there, so you'd still want to invest in a garage spot- Pendleton tends to have some spots left open. But if you don't mind walking, then go for it. Biking is also an option, but its all uphill one way, and you have to croas Assembly- neither of which are very appealing to me.

Main St would be similar. Since they took out the shade trees it would probably be a similar walk. Personally I would like to have lived on Main st and walked or biked to campus. Its very much level to bike from Main St :)

You might try Senate Plaza, which is a great location, and better facillities too. Its hard to get into though.

You might also try to get a sublease or something in the University neighborhood. I am certain that they are available. You can check the Gamecock for people looking for roomates or with leases or subleases.

There is a new place on Pickens St just south of Greene that is practically on campus. I hear its nice, but slightly pricey. Might be woth looking into.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Archived