Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ironchapman

Observation Decks in Atlanta

I wanted to know if any of ATl's buildings (like Bank of America Building, SunTrust Plaza, etc.) have observation decks on them. I know the Westin Peachtree has the Sundial Restaurant. I've always wanted to see ATl from above.

The Sundial observatory gives you quite an impressive view of downtown. I've been up there twice, I just wish you could go up at night to see the city. It costs $5 to go up. Beyond that I don't know of any other buildings with observatories.

You can go up there at night, but you have to either be a guest at the hotel or have a reservation to eat dinner. I've been up there at night. That was a fantasic experience. Once of these days I will put my pics of it on here :)

I've seen pics of the Bank of America Tower and 191 Peachtree, and they look like they might have one, of course it could just a maintenance deck or something.

Anybody know anything about them?

Technically almost every building has a roof or upper level access for mainenence purposes. But most of them are restricted to public use.

Well, according to a website, a group of people got to host their barbecue on the balcony of One Atlantic Center.

There aren't many public obersvation decks in Atlanta. However, several of the buildings have "clubs" that can be rented on the upper floors for special events. I know when I was going to get married we looked at the 191 Club in 191 Peachtree (48th floor I wanna say) for our wedding. Didn't wind up getting married there, but still would have been cool.

Maybe that's what those barbecue people did.

Atlanta should build some sort of observation tower, like the Eiffel or the Space Needle. It would be interesting to see.

Maybe that's what those barbecue people did.

Atlanta should build some sort of observation tower, like the Eiffel or the Space Needle. It would be interesting to see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why? That's why God gave Metro Atlanta Stone Mountain (or Satan gave Stone Mtn ATL). Who needs an observation tower when you've got a hulk of granite just outside of the city in suburbia. :D:P

P.S. I'm joking, I do enjoy Sundial whenever I get a chance to visit the city...

Stone Mtn. is a great place to view the city. I don't guess many citis can claim to have something like it, then, can they?

The Four Seasons Hotel on 14th Street has condos on the upper floors. The club room for the condos in on the 42? floor. Since the only other "observation tower" in ATL is from Downtown looking north toward Midtown getting a view from this angle is incredible.