Observation Decks in Atlanta

ironchapman

I wanted to know if any of ATl's buildings (like Bank of America Building, SunTrust Plaza, etc.) have observation decks on them. I know the Westin Peachtree has the Sundial Restaurant. I've always wanted to see ATl from above.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sundial observatory gives you quite an impressive view of downtown. I've been up there twice, I just wish you could go up at night to see the city. It costs $5 to go up. Beyond that I don't know of any other buildings with observatories.

You can go up there at night, but you have to either be a guest at the hotel or have a reservation to eat dinner. I've been up there at night. That was a fantasic experience. Once of these days I will put my pics of it on here :)

There aren't many public obersvation decks in Atlanta. However, several of the buildings have "clubs" that can be rented on the upper floors for special events. I know when I was going to get married we looked at the 191 Club in 191 Peachtree (48th floor I wanna say) for our wedding. Didn't wind up getting married there, but still would have been cool.

Maybe that's what those barbecue people did.

Atlanta should build some sort of observation tower, like the Eiffel or the Space Needle. It would be interesting to see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why? That's why God gave Metro Atlanta Stone Mountain (or Satan gave Stone Mtn ATL). Who needs an observation tower when you've got a hulk of granite just outside of the city in suburbia. :D:P

P.S. I'm joking, I do enjoy Sundial whenever I get a chance to visit the city...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived